PowerShip Made Mandatory to opt ????

hi

i got a mail from a person from ebay and also calls from the person that powership has been made mandatory.
he has repeatedly asked me to opt for powership

whereas i donot want to opt for powership since i donot have much sales and most of them are small items for which i pay rs 30 but then i would have to pay Rs40 + 2 +Taxes = ~Rs47

also if a item doesnot go by powership i cannot send by my current courier since my tie up will break with him due to low number of packets and even he wont provide service to me

has anyone else also got the same request from ebay.
why is ebay imposing powership upon its sellers??
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It is not mandatory !! Don't worry ,it would fake call !!
Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I never got such phone calls. I guess someone from the courier cos trying to spread this rumor in order to boost there sales.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Today I received a mail from Pratik Chowdhury, Category Manager Lifestyle, Ebay India, stating that they are promoting a daily deals campaign and they were looking for products. He clearly mentioned that only PowerShip sellers would be preferred. It is very clear that sellers who do not opt for PowerShip are being bullied left, right and centre in a variety of ways - direct, indirect and subtle. I wrote back to him asking him to explain what he meant by only PowerShip Sellers - haven't received a reply till now and don't think I will either. What can we say about the unethical and unfair business practices being followed by eBay. In the USA, I believe they have a mechanism wherein they evaluate such unfair trade practices but I guess we can't expect that in India - hence, these practices will only grow in proportion!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply