cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Workshop to discuss long term implications of Feb 1st changes

sapanagupta_in1
Community Member
Dear Users,

Over the past few days we have received lot of feedback from our users regarding the 1st Feb changes. Some users are upset about some of the changes as they feel that their interest has not been taken care of. We would like to discuss with you the rationale and the impact of some of these changes. We would also like to share with you why we feel that these changes, in the long run, will be beneficial for our sellers, and our community.

In the workshop Baazee staff members from Category team and Community Development team will be present for one hour to answer all your queries LIVE!

In order to give in your suggestions, or to know what others think about this issue or just to say hello, do log on to the Baazee cafe on 9th February at 3 o clock .

To know more about the site changes, please visit:
http://www.baazee.com/static/BaazeeUpdate.html

See you on 9th at 3 o clock!

Warm Regards

Baazee Team
Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

how does this work? Do I have to refresh the page everytime to see updates ?

Why couldn't you folks just set up a simple chat temporarily?
Message 31 of 44
latest reply

jsa7cornell
Community Member
QuicksilverVoHo-
Glad to hear from you.

Certainly prompts have been valuable function for some sellers. I have personally spoken to many sellers, especially apparel folks such you, about the value of prompts for both buyers and sellers. I know how much prompts help.

First, just to be clear, the primary reason prompts were removed was to make way for soon-to come eBay functionality, including attributes. If we could have done this change completely in-sync with attributes rollout, we would have - believe me.

Now, the reason eBay does not support a prompts function is that it creates a relatively inconsistent buyer experience. For example, a buyer looking at a search-results page will not know what size your T-shirt is if you had just used prompts. Keep in mind that MANY more buyers visit the search page than item pages, so it's crucial to be consistent there.

Given that prompts are no longer available, I want to focus on how it is best for sellers can adapt and grow in a prompt-free site. Two key things – increase listings, improve titles/descriptions

First, is important to adapt by creating listings for each configuration of your item. For example – if you have three sizes of shirts, you should now create three listings. While it creates additional listing effort, it is indeed the best way to make sure buyers know what you have to sell and can find your items. Better buyer awareness like this creates more sales.

Second, along with my point of buyer experience, I strongly recommend including attribute-type information in the title of your listing as consistently as possible. Again – making your listing more findable to buyers is the way to drive sales. Because of this, it is crucial to include important size or specification information in the item title.

Again, I know prompts was a powerful concept. In fact, eBay is currently working on projects to identify ways to make prompt-style functions work for both the buyer and seller’s advantage. No answers yet, but we’re definitely trying.
Message 32 of 44
latest reply

kalrasudhir
Community Member
Dear John/Sanjay,

I have a suggestion, as the cooling time is too high (courtsey MMS Scandal and Delhi Police) baazee can atleast allow manual re-listing of and item without any cooling period and without and editing. As regards date a slight modification in s/w can allow it to pick-up time automatically from the server and list it immediately.

Regards

Sudhir Kalra
Message 33 of 44
latest reply

buying_reeloaded
Community Member
:-DHi John,

Good to hear from you.

Finally someone is replying on behalf of Baazee as most people don't have a clue of whats going on.

I understand we are undergoing major changes and looking forward to the future.

However I still have to say the BULK UPLOAD tool is not free and I am sure the TURBOLISTER you mentioned will not be either.

It Only means more money for us sellers to shell out.

Also the suggestion you have given to offer Paisa Pay on some items and not offer on lower cost items cannot be implemented as Baazee has not provided means for the same.

By the above statement I mean that you have to choose the payment preferences on the "My Baazee Page" and if you remove any one preference it will not appear for all items.for eg. if Paisa Pay is removed from the "Payment Preferences" then it would mean I am not offering Paisa Pay at all.

I have also gone through the new user agreement for Paisa Pay which keeps appearing on Log-Ins.

I see a drastic change in the same which is not at all supportive to the sellers.

For eg.1)If there is a Fraud transaction then Paisa Pay will not be responsible even if we send them the POD(Proof of Delivery).
2)In case of Sale not Complete for any reason the seller will still have to pay Paisa Pay charges.
3)Sellers will have to register their credit cards with Paisa Pay so that they can be charged any time.

This is just some of the things I remeber from the new agreement and they are not quite seller supportive, I must say.

Also the New User agreement should be formally put up on the website in which Seller can go through it carefully.

As of now the old user agreement is shown on the Paisa Pay website with only a few changes here and there.

The main user agreement only appears on log in and that too will not appear again if you have agreed to it.

Please consider all of the above, your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sarosh R B
Buying_Reloaded:-D
Message 34 of 44
latest reply

Can Sanjay or John honestly tell us the No of Current listings on eBayzee as against November 2004 ?
I see that the Featured Listings is very low and so are the items in Apparels.
Sanjay> pls avoid giving vague answers. We are an intelligent community. The Cafe has something called "Feedback to Baazee" which cannot be an interaction between Baazee users. the situation is the same there- no response from eBayzee.
Pls understand Baazee cannot be eBay. We live in a land that's different about everything. there is no way eBay can Americanise Baazee without losing listers.
Moreover, have you guys checked the listings on other Indian online malls recently. the increase in product listings are 180%.
Indians, as a rule, can chuck away anything that they feel is harming their interests. And eBayzee is harming the Businessman's interests.
You are charging us 199+10.2% for the Bulk Upload tool, which is riden with Bugs. Ebay offers Turbolister as a free tool. why the ***k are you carging Indians then? You think we are gullible, right?
Message 35 of 44
latest reply

mscomputers_mall
Community Member
Maam we are sorry to say that we have emailed to sellers support! but they hav not send us bulk uploading! till yet nor it has been activated in sellers View colm of our baazee.com Kindly help as we are ready to spend 199 Rupees per month!
Thanking you regards MSCOMPUTERS_MALL
Message 36 of 44
latest reply

varmasanjay
Community Member
Hi RistComputers,

Thank you for joining us and giving us your feedback. We totally understand your concern on this. However, we feel that this change shall result in a better buyer experience as the bid increments will be standardized across sellers. Let me assure you that we shall be closely monitoring the effect of this change to ensure that we have a vibrant marketplace.

Thanks and regards,
Sanjay
Message 37 of 44
latest reply

jsa7cornell
Community Member
Hi Buying_Reloaded-

Glad you appreciate the discussion – we’ll try to do more of this.

Good news for you on the tools: Bulk tool – I’m hoping to announce some good news on the bulk-tool fee very soon. Turbolister – This is free in all eBay markets, and will be free in India as well.

Good points on the paisapay issue – my mistake. The current alternative I can think of here is to have two selling accounts, one that accepts paisapay, one that doesn’t. This unfortunately has drawback of not being able to link the accounts and share the feedback. We’re already working on a way to enable sellers to toggle paisapay on and off for different listings.

I’ll forward your agreement-related feedback on to our paisapay folks.
Message 38 of 44
latest reply

jsa7cornell
Community Member
Everyone -thanks for tapping in to the discussion. As I mentioned in my earlier note, we hope to do this more often.

The community is the heart and soul of baazee and to eBay. I appreciate you being positive, and I truly respect your effort and entrepreneurship in building your business on Baazee.

Cheers,
-j
Message 39 of 44
latest reply

John> ur reply on prompts smacks of an effort to trivialise a serious topic.
I've 200 Tees with 5 sizes and 6 colours. that would make it 6000 listings according to your suggestion. And if just a few of us T-shirt m'facturers list, the listings in Tees alone would go upto several Ks. And how does one work on the images? Do i need to create 100s of images to differentiate colurs? Just not physicalluy possible.
What do you mean increase listings/improve Desc? You mean my listings would look like this
Roundneck Tee - S Size - Colour Blue
Roundneck Tee - M Size - Colour Blue
Roundneck Tee - L Size - Colour Blue
Roundneck Tee - XL Size - Colour Blue
Roundneck Tee - XXL Size - Colour Blue

Roundneck Tee - S Size - Colour Red
Roundneck Tee - M Size - Colour Red
Roundneck Tee - L Size - Colour Red
Roundneck Tee - XL Size - Colour Red
Roundneck Tee - XXL Size - Colour Red

I dont understand why someone would need information about my prompts from a Search Result page. The prompts are part of the Order process and is used by several online stores and there have no issues nor any 'relatively inconsistent buyer experience'. Just b'cos eBay thinks so, doesn't mean that intelligent Indians have to fall in line.

So tell me, how can Sellers grow in a prompt free site ? If we can, why is there no such mention on the site ? Why are listings in prompt related products are a dismally low level?

Pls understand once again that you are addressing an Indian audience that is Intelligent and is responsible for several IT enhancements today. Pls think before you answer
Message 40 of 44
latest reply