Huge drop in sales on eBay.in

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
hi I have noticed a huge drop in sales on eBay since 1st September 2010. am I alone? or there are others who are facing same issues? buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

ankitarora_bzb
Community Member
Although i haven't been an active person on this site i have been a member here since this site was baazee.com.
I recently started selling a new product which i believe is very saleable but even after having spent a lot on promoting it a lot i havent been able to sell much of it maybe it is because of the sales drop you people have been witnessing. I had selected every means possible to promote it, i even featured it on the Main page. And i have lost quite a few bucks instead of making any.
Please check out my listings and tell me if you think i am wrong in calling it a saleable product.
Message 31 of 42
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@ ankitarora_bzb

Just dont see a reason to reply to your post as its way out of context to what we are discussing in here. But still I am commenting because I dont want you to get a Suspension so soon.

You have 46 Duplicate Listings live currently of a same item. eBay has a Duplicate listing policy where you are not allowed over 5 duplicate listings per item. Will request you to drop 41 listing immediately, if you dont want any Duplicate listing violations.

And why your sale is not coming that may be also because some other power saver is listed starting @ Rs 199. Of a seller with over 2800 positive feedbacks.
Message 32 of 42
latest reply

present2011
Community Member
@mobile-playstation.
to your seller is joker...remark
there is one exception GEB seller i2c world as my negative comment for that seller is duly removed by ebay.
so, I think ebay is biased towards earning source
Message 33 of 42
latest reply

c153niyam
Community Member
lol linustudios

i wonder why he listed same thing 46 times!! maybe he loves paying listing fees? or does it help sales??
Message 34 of 42
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@ c153niyam - It helps in sales a bit as visibility in search result increases.
Hows ur business going on? Doing good?
Message 35 of 42
latest reply

c153niyam
Community Member
bzness is waayy too slow - come to agrinding halt almost - as u can see i have decreased my listings- maybe this Govt. sms thing has somethng to do wth it. And i got some really $#@* buyers who just dont pay ,some senseless buyers etc. ..besides that i guess all is well
Message 36 of 42
latest reply

ankitarora_bzb
Community Member
@linusstudios
Thanks for telling me about the 5 listings per product thing. I did not know abt it will delete all of them. I am a major trader in electronics off line and i knw that cheap imitations that do not work are available on ebay but they dont work they just seem to work. I have been trading in this product for quite some time and i personally use it for my home. This product belongs to a reputed company in our line of business. There are fake ones like the one on ebay available in delhi for Rs.100/= that are being sold here for 199/=.
Message 37 of 42
latest reply

@c153niyam...

Keep only paisapay mode of payment and no other. Give a remark in your listing that those who want to pay in bank can contact you for details. You life will be happy.
RajElectroniks
Message 38 of 42
latest reply

Sales down:

to summarise

3 reasons:

1) Credit card issues with PaisaPay Gateway.

2) Bulk Sms Ban

3) Shradh Period.

and someone said

4) PaisaPay remittance delayed.

@ post no.37

If you do not offer other payment options but mention in your listings to contact you for offline payments, your listings will be pulled down.

-------
Devesh
Message 39 of 42
latest reply

present2011
Community Member
I can not buy because Paisa pay facility is down.
Message 40 of 42
latest reply