How to register for GST No ?

ardev22
Community Member

I am located in BANGALORE , KARNATAKA.   I am NOT a tax payer, I am a senior citizen of 78 yrs,  I have no earning of my own. 

STILL have I got to register for GST No to sell in eBay.in  ?  If so how do I go about it,please ?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: How to register for GST No ?

Its really extremely high. Even online you can hire a CA for merely Rs 2500 for getting a new GST No. I guess some CAs are cashing in on the opportunity.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Its unfortunate how some people are spreading misinformation about number of forms required to be submit. Even when I was confused with regard to GST, people were telling me how I will have to submit 8 forms every month. It was only after watching the daily brief by the Finance Ministry that I realized How I will have to fill only 3 forms.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Hi . All the info here has been really helpful...i just need to know one thing...when do i start filling forms (GSTR1) ? 

Should i start uploading invoices from 10th of next month or should i wait for ebay to start deducting TDS ?

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

You will have to file GSTR 1 by the 10th of next month. For example if you are filing gst return for June, submit the form by 10th of July. However govt has given relaxation for first couple of months. You can file gst return for July and August in September.

There is no need to wait for Ebay to deduct TCS. You may file returns to meet deadline.
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

One more thing Kanishka, you won't have to upload invoices. Just need to mention invoice number and amount etc while filing returns.
Message 15 of 21
latest reply

Thanks so much for your help..appriciate..it was all so confusing ..The list of quieries seems to be never ending..:-)

Also Do u know if i could claim for refund if my turnover is not more than 20 lakhs...Could i claim for refund later?

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

I don't think that's possible. Once you have registered for the GST, you will have to charge it from buyers. Since it's the buyer who is paying GST, you can't claim refund. However 1% TCS can be claimed. Besides since you will be selling interstate, the 20 Lakh relaxation is not applicable on you.

I know GST is very confusing. Feel free to ask any question. Will try my best to answer it. Even I am learning new things everyday.
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

okie...Got It.. Thanks. I hope therez more clarity regarding it from the goverment soon..So many selleres are faccing issues and not evryone can afford a CA ..We need more people like you.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

I had some problems with getting GST refistration initially, because I started with the wrong category of company. The second time around, I chose "Sole proritorship" as the category. Then the GST portal took me through without any hitches, and the number came through in a week. It does not ask for any resolutions of the Board, etc. I could register as an individual, with my personal PAN number, Aadhar card, and savings bank account. But now I'm stuck because I don't know whether eBay has re-activated my seller account. Further, I don't know whether I should pay up the 28% GST on the items I sell (mostly used camera parts to foreign buyers), and the procedure to get refund of this (exports are supposed to have zero GST!). Should I get an Import Export Code (IEC)? How to submit proof of export (if postal receipt is not accepted?). From whom should certificate of export be obtained? To whom should these proofs be submitted? Any help would be welcome.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Connect you to get in touch with www.legalsuvidha.com. They do registration in INR 1000 anywhere in India

@ardev22wrote:

I am located in BANGALORE , KARNATAKA.   I am NOT a tax payer, I am a senior citizen of 78 yrs,  I have no earning of my own. 

STILL have I got to register for GST No to sell in eBay.in  ?  If so how do I go about it,please ?

Message 20 of 21
latest reply