How to promote a product using video

Recently ebay removed my listing citing reason that link to videos are not permitted. I had made a video of the working of my product and put it on youtube. The link to youtube was put in my product description. The video does not give any contact details of me. I don't understand why eBay removed my listing. Can somebody guide me what is the way to put a video on my listing. As per my understanding, one is permitted to put links to webpage which gives a better description of the product, but I could not see anywhere written that link to videos are not permitted. However, if that is the rule, then request someone to guide me a method to promote my product using a video, which is the best method of promotion for my products.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

sharat@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear vgabraham

As per the current policies on eBay India it is not allowed to give any links to video's. Listings which have any video's would be removed

Regards
Sharat
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I understand that giving external links is not allowed but there are many sellers who have embedded youtube videos in the listing is that allowed please clarify ???.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200705111618412.html this link shows that ebay has approved the videos in back may 2007 ??????
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
Video links are allowed in .com, even embedded videos are allowed.

.in needs to allow these things because videos can add a lot of value to the item description.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply