Help! Query Regarding Overnite Courier

xor13
Community Member
Hello,

I had sold a mobile at eBay.in and while shipping I used Overnite Courier Services (Fedex n Bluedart refused to ship the mobile phone). But I have been having doubts over the courier guys ever-since I paid them. Actually they told me that shipping charge is Rs 300 + Rs 300 for insurance.

They opened the package to see the contents and then they told that they will pack it themselves. I insisted to pack the stuffs back in front of me, but they said that they will do it themselves after lunch etc etc. Also they only gave me a tracking slip and nothing for insurance.

Is this the procedure they follow at all Overnight Courier counters? Do they give anything (like a slip) for insurance claim?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

xor13
Community Member
Also, its been about 4 hrs now and when I try to track the shipping it says that "Delivery information not found. The reasons can be *Tracking information is awaited. Please try later. *Incorrect Number. Please check the number you have entered."

Is it normal?
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes, tracking info updations happen only after 10pm generally
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
@xor13... I think they are genuine as they know that you have seen their shop and there faces, so they won't try to do anything odd. But still, nothing can be said until you get the updated tracking info online.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

graphitindia
Community Member
@xor13

1) Normally tracking can be done after 12-24 hours of Booking;

2) The courier you had sent is called opened courier (as per your description above). Always make sure to attach 2 lists having full description and Serial numbers of items with the Box and keep one with you duly stamp & signed by shipping agency. This will help if you need to claim insurance in future.

Good Luck
Message 5 of 5
latest reply