cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSTR1 Return giving error while entering ebay GSTIN, We are getting the error while filing B2CS.

We are getting the error while filing GSTR1 ( B2CS ) tax return form and entering ebay GSTIN, as GSTIN of Ecommerce operator on gst common portal. Its giving the error stating Invalid GSTIN. We have tried with the following GSTIN of Ebay:27AABCB2307H2Z3. If any of the seller has successfully filed the GSTR1 under B2CS please share your experience.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

GSTR1 Return giving error while entering ebay GSTIN, We are getting the error while filing B2CS.

Filling gstr 3b doesn't mean gstr1 is not required. The concern is that, what will happen as we are unable to enter invoice as the sales are made through ebay ( an ecommerce  operator ) and entering ebay's gstin gives error as "invalid gstin entered" hence unable to fill gstr 1 & the deadline is approching (5th sept for july). Friends please hepl if any one has got the solution.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Filing GSTR 3B exactly means that for now you don't require to file GSTR 1 as for now. The issue you are reporting is not isolated, it's happening across the Spectrum. Therefore you shouldn't be much concerned. It's probably the reason why GSTR 3B has been introduced.
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Yes you are correct. I am in constant touch with all possible ebay contacts and phone number. Since 7 aug I am following up and the thing I have recivied is 48 hours.

Actualy Ebay has not completed there migiration from CST to GST.  Due to which we all sellers are suffering.

Failure to file return in time will incure penelties also on us. After Following up for so long and not satisfied my there response I have raised the concern with CBEC. I have raised the question and mail Ebay regarding the complaint filed against them.

I have also warned them that liabities for penelties will be on them.

My Complain number with CBEC is CBOEC/E/2017/04930 dated 26 Aug

I have also raised Escalation Id is SR-0000974 dated 8 Aug.

Requesting All seller to come together and asked them and share details of complain so that we will have proof that Ebay did this and they are at fault and hence they are liable to pay penelties

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Thank you for sharing the information. Please update as and when you get this information.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

i talked to ebay customer care they said there is a problem they are working on it. it will be resolved till 15 sep

they had no answer when i said who will pay the fine for late return.

please tell my CA says fill the return with B2C as other than E-commerce.

is it right?

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

Return is to be filed on 5th september . What to do now ?? ebay gstin is wrong .
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Actually, the GSTIN of ebay is correct, as it is searcheable on the gstn portal.

the problem is with the GSTN portal itself.

The error is in the software of GSTN portal website.

There was an option for entering B2CS details sold through Ecommerce operator, but it has been removed on the portal now.

So, we have to enter the details in the OTHER THAN ECOMMERCE OPERATOR section only for all the sales sdone through ecommerce operator also.

TCS deduction has already been deffered by the govt. 

So, theer is no question of entering details under the ecom operator sales in GSTR1

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

But What about Input credit that we had to claim in GSTR3B form...i have paid the tax after adjusting the input credit of ebay fees etc...so how will it get auto populated if we dont show ecommerce sales?

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

My interpretation is that if ecommerce option has been removed from GSTR1 then we should not file our returns under a wrong head( other than ecommerce) as that would amount to incorrect declaration and maybe be interpreted as fraudalant . For example ifwhile income tax return , A salaried employee does not find an option for showing income from other sources( viz interst from bank, House rent  etc) He cannot put it under the salary head as the ruturns will never tally and would create confusion. Hopefully either the error on the return form would be corrected by the gov shorly or they maybe thinking of changing the GSTR  form for ecoomerce buiseness...as far as i am concerned i am sending an email with the screenshot of the form not showing ecommerce option / Not accepting ebay GSTIN to gst customer complain.  I have already paid the tax to the gov through GSTRB and its only the matter of confirming it through returns...So i am definately not filing it under other than ecommerce Head

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

As of now, TCS is postponed till next notification, we as a seller are not required to indicate our supplies through ecommerce, and we need to fill as a normal seller. I got this information from amazon seller dashbord.

Message 20 of 26
latest reply