cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firsthand experience of how buyer pressurise the seller---a must read

The case is of a buyer who received his consignment of a mobile battery 4 days after the due date of receipt due to some courier problem. After 15 days from date of receipt he comes for a replacement. Knowing the earlier history I offered replacement right away. I sent him 4 emails to confirm my action but he wants me to send the replacement item before hand and only then he will send the old battery back. To which I have refused to send. Now he has gone ahead and given a negative feedback. I spoke to him on his cell about the negative feedback to which he replied that 7 day period was less and I made the period to 15 days and confirmed the same by email and also offered him a refund if he would prefer. Still he has given a negative feedback.
Now tell me what more should I do. Should I touch his feet to get the negative feedback removed .

The images below prove my point.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire

At this point he gave negative feedback. I spoke to him on his cell and sent a feedback revision form with extended time to 15 days but he has not responded
====================
JAI HO EBAY...
==================== Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

spl_ind
Community Member
Dear Raj Electronics,

It is an unfortunate case that you have experienced with this client.

First of all, you should clearly mention in all your listings that the seller is no way responsible for any late delivery by the courier co.

Secondly, you should always stick to your own rules. Give him that extra time only if it was mentioned in your listing. Not more than that.

If battery performance was not good then he should contact the service center, and not you. In spite of all this if he gives you a negative, just block him and look for some new customers.

It is a waste of time convincing him to review and convert the neg to positive by giving him more time to exchange or discounts and refunds.

From my personal observation I have seen that customers with zero feedback ratings have a higher chance of giving back a negative feedback.

With Regards,

Suman.
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

@spl_ind...
Thanks Suman I really appreciate you feedback in this matter. Looks like the summer heat has effected people. You insight into the matter is indeed true.
=================== Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Here come one more buyer. (id-arohi_rohit88) He has received the material but did not even mark material received on ebay.
We had to wait for 15days to get payment.
Now he comes for replacement of product after 10 days for which 7days is the exchange time.
He threatens to give negative feedback if I don't give him replacement.
Any comments by anyone please.....
************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

jaipur_mart
Community Member
I listed an item on ebay.com for auction style with USD 0.99 as starting amount and shipping charges just USD 4.99 for worldwide delivery.

A buyer from UK, after purchase and getting the item delivered, claiming my shipping charges to be very high, left unfair neg for that.

This is well known universal fact that if a buyer buys something from a seller that means he has read and agree with sellers shipping charges, return policy etc and nothing was hidden to her.

If the buyer has problem with the item , i m ready to exchange or even refund full amount without even getting my item back.

One more thing, I gave buyer a discount of USD 1.5 for shipping charges as before buying, she asked for any discount if the item to be shipped to an Indian Address. After her purchase I sent a discounted invoice to her, thinking the itm to be shipped to an Indian address, and I sent 3 emails asking for Indian address where the item is to be shipped . But buyer asked me to ship it to her UK address. OK no problem , I did that just to keep the buyer satisfied and did not ask to send me back the shipping discount I gave her for Indian address.

This means , I charged just USD 3.49 for shipping from India to UK and buyer says u r earning huge profits from shipping cost .

AB BATAO AISE BUYERS KA KYA KAREN????????
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I too had many buyers who just bought my products, received it in time and forgot me as well as eBay. Neither confirmed receiving the product, nor bothered to leave a feedback.

I am selling on eBay since 2006 and I have a feedback score of 14 till date. I have done more sales than that. Most of them become so glad to receive the item that they just forget everything.
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

HURRAY, AT LAST VERDICT HAS COME FOR THIS CASE TODAY:

"The Community Court has decided that the feedback for this transaction should be removed with a majority of 51% of the votes."

Thank you very much to all the sellers and buyers on ebay who voted for us and had faith in Raj Electroniks.

Thanks once again to all and not to forget the ebay staff.

I hope that the verdict will be implemented soon....
************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

jazzyzz
Community Member
dear raj electronics,
By my experience, all the sellers have to beware from the buyers with 0 feedbacks or a new buyer. the chances are likely that they leave a negative feedback. they do not know how feedback works. they think themself to be smart and leave a negative feedback. i also got a negative feedback on item no 23959669333. the seller purchased the item & received the item. i had given full description of the item with clear pictures. after receiving the item, without contacting me he just left a negative feedback. i called him & he says that i dont want to talk about this. i got it removed from community court. now i have started listing that buyers with 0 feedbacks are not welcome in my listings. i cancel the bid of buyer with 0 feedback. i rather will not sell than selling to a new buyer.
So you also can try this. it works.

Regards,
Jazzyzz
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@jazzyzz...
@spl_ind...
@jaipur_mart...
Thanks for your support.
******************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

gehnna
Community Member
Hello All !
The best way to control all this "Atychaar" is we (All Seller), Has to stand on single platform and raise our voice against this feedback system. Because performing best on ebay is also rewarded by buyer as a negative feedback as well as unwanted demands of the buyer using feedback rights.
Shipping & handling charges as well as the shipping duration should not be the part of DSR'S System.
Until and unless eBay will not act on this, our problems will be increasing day by day. As per my personal experience of last 6 years, not all buyer values feedback system, They think it is just for nothing and In today's life no one has time to read or understand what does a feedback means for a seller and how does this work. If suppose one buyer won 40-45 items he don't have enough time to leave feedback by adding 5 stars for all items, he/she just leave 2-3 feedbacks and over. At baazee time that was the perfect feedback system. At least seller has a right to answer when they receive negative or neutral feedback but this ebay feedback system has zipped the sellers rights. We cannot do anything more than a community court appeal or beg to buyer for feedback withdrawal. Its our luck if we won the case or buyer show his mercy towards us and mutually agree to withdrawa a feedback.
Ebay has to do something for this problem and ebay must literate all buyers with the feedback system.
The buyer do not have any rights to pass comments about shipping charges as while they were bidding on auction they commit to pay all the charges happily and at the end of the day buyer leave negative feedback for shipping charges is it fair? We sellers clearly mentioned shipping charges and every buyer can read it in listings then how a buyer can blame for high shipping charges after receiving the product.
Ebay is promoting " Free Shipping" How the free shipping is possible when a prompt delivery with online tracking system is required? We are not selling the product for high end 400% or 500% profit. In today's competitive market no one can survive like this. We have very limited profits.
eBay must understand the problem of sellers too.

All seller must stand on one platform and do some thing for this problem.

Thank you.

With Regards
Kapil.K
Message 10 of 26
latest reply