Buyer has few feedbacks but 0% feedback score.

shrigovindam
Community Member
Hi! I've encountered few buyers who have feedback counts ranging from single digit to three digits. At the same time their feedback score shows 0%. How is this possible? Are they genuine?

- Anand

Jaipur-Jewelry-Mart
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

linusstudios
Community Member
Feedbacks over an year are displayed but they are not counted in feedback score. .
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

shrigovindam
Community Member
Thank you linusstudios. But when I checked their profile I found that they've been registered since only last few months.

- Anand

Jaipur-Jewelry-Mart
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Dear Sellers,

You need not worry about the buyers with 0% feedback scores. The feedback percentage is calculated on a one year rolling basis. It means that if I purchase 100 items on 1st January 2009 and I get 100 feedbacksand then I do no purchase anything for the entire year, then on 1st January 2010, my account will reflect 100 feedback but the feedback percentage will be 0%

The positive Feedback percentage is calculated based on the total number of positive and negative Feedback ratings for transactions that ended in the last 12 months, excluding repeat Feedback from the same member in the same week.

Note: This could mean that the number of ratings used for this calculation is different from the same number shown in the Recent Ratings table on the left.

The percentage is calculated automatically by eBay system as under:

FOR LAST 12 MONTH ROLLING BASIS:

Unique Positive Feedback (divided by) [(unique)positive + negative feedback]

For Example, my feedback score as on date is:

507 / 507 + 0 = 100%

For feedback Percentage, only unique feedback are calculated.

What is unique feedback?
If a buyer purchases 5 items from me on a particular day and leaves all 5 positive feedback, then my unique feedback score will be 1 even though the buyer has left 5 separate positive feedbacks.

Hope I was able to provide a clear clarification.

Kind Regards,
Mustufa
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

shrigovindam
Community Member
It is clear now. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply