FedEx Invoices Need to Reflect RoDTEP Scheme for Indian Exporters

Dear sellers

I would like to bring to your attention an important issue that concerns all Indian sellers exporting goods through FedEx. This pertains to the mention of the MEIS (Merchandise Exports from India Scheme) on export invoices as "NO," ( see attached) despite the closure of the scheme by the Indian government.

As you might be aware, the Indian government has introduced the RoDTEP (Remission of Duties and Taxes on Exported Products) scheme to support and empower Indian exporters. The primary goal of this initiative is to provide exporters with a refund of various embedded taxes and duties, ultimately enhancing their competitiveness in the global market and fostering trade growth.

I am disappointed to note that FedEx is still mentioning "NO" for MEIS on the export invoices generated online through EGS, even though the scheme has been discontinued. This is causing unnecessary confusion and potential complications for sellers like myself who are looking to take advantage of the RoDTEP scheme.

I kindly request FedEx to rectify this matter immediately and replace "MEIS" with "RoDTEP" on all relevant invoices, indicating "Yes" under RoDTEP. The inclusion of RoDTEP information on the invoices is crucial for the smooth refund process and ensuring compliance with the updated regulations.

As sellers, we understand the importance of providing accurate and up-to-date information for the implementation of the RoDTEP scheme. If there are any specific forms, templates, or additional information required from our end, we are more than willing to cooperate promptly. Our commitment to ensuring the seamless inclusion of the RoDTEP scheme in export invoices is unwavering.

By reflecting the RoDTEP scheme correctly on the export invoices, we can collectively take full advantage of the benefits it offers, streamline the refund process, and contribute to the growth of our businesses and the Indian economy.

Let's work together to urge FedEx to address this issue promptly, ensuring that all export invoices accurately mention the RoDTEP scheme. I sincerely hope that with your support, we can quickly resolve this matter and continue to thrive as exporters in the global market.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: FedEx Invoices Need to Reflect RoDTEP Scheme for Indian Exporters

Do you know ? DHL and FedEx removed Peak surcharge officially or emergency surcharge. But sadly only we eBay sellers are still paying these charges. I asked eBay team they said, It is bit complicated and difficult.

We all sellers should request the team to act on that.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Dear electro-international,

Greetings from team eBay!

Thanks for bringing this to your attention. We will be connecting with our carrier partner Fedex in this regards and explore the feasibility of implementing the same. In case if we need any feedback from you in this regards, we will reach out to you.

For any further updates in this regards, kindly refer to eBay Global Shipping (EGS) website.

Regards,

eBay INCBT Team

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Dear moon.internationals,

Greetings from team eBay! 

We are glad to inform that effective August 5th, the peak surcharges (Emergency Situation Surcharge)
applicable on FedEx freight charges are being waived off by FedEx for eBay Global Shipping (EGS) users. Post waiver, there will be a positive impact on the total Freight cost by approximately 8% across major lanes like US and EU.

As mentioned we continue to work closely with our carrier partners to provide you with the best services and shipping rates. For any further updates in this regards, kindly refer to EGS website.

Regards,

eBay INCBT Team

Message 4 of 4
latest reply