cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggestion: PLEASE READ BAAZEE & SELLERS: Surcharge on Credit Card/OBT

Baazee Says:
Surcharge on Credit Card/Online Bank Transfer can not be passed to the buyer

Sellers will not be able to pass on the 4% surcharge on Credit card and 2% surcharge on Online Bank Transfer charged by PaisaPay, to buyers. Buyers have pointed out that it is a bad buyer experience, as they perceive it as a hidden charge, which is not known at the time of bidding or buying the item.

Predicament:
Now Baazee says that this method is being inducted as buyers feel cheated. Now first point it is unfair to make the sellers bear the brunt of 2% and 4% service cahrge which is in no way cheap as we already pay Baazee 5% fees. Also PayPal charges much less. However Baazee may have a point that the surchage may be hiiden from the buyers and hence they feel cheated. So instead of arguing the very very simple solution is:

SOLUTION:

We have in Baazee the payment options section that is the different methods of payment the seller offers. So Baazee adds there a note that a service charge may be applicable when buying the product. So Baazee can have a fixed 2% and 4% Service Charge. If the seller charges it it is mentioned in the Payment Methods options on the right side of paisapay. If he does not charge service charge then nothing is mentioned and all is well and good. Also Baazee can also add a note that buyer may reconfirm with seller regarding service charge by asking in the Q&A section so the sellers answer comes on official records. This measure is in case of auctions so that a seller cannot manupilate the system by offering no service charge and then changing his payment preferences. Also the system can be changed such that a payment preference for a listing cannot be changes if a bid or purchase has been done, but I feel that this may not be necessary as the top ideas are relatively foolproof.

I feel that is the best method to adopt so that all three parties are satisfied Baazee, Buyer, Seller.

I PLEAD TO THE SELLERS TO LEAVE THEIR OPINION ON THIS SUGGRSTION SO THAT WE ARE NOT AT A LOSS. BAAZEE PLEASE READ AND CONSIDER THIS. CONSIDER!!!!!!!!! THAT IS THE MAIN POINT. NOT JUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!
-Thanking You,
pc_gaming_store
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

carnatic_in1
Community Member
Paisapay Charges needs to be optional to the seller... i.e whether he should bear or the buyer should be made to bear... like how it was before.

Buyer calling it as hidden charge is a HUMBUG. If he has eyes, he should read the total charge before paying it. Otherwise he should not buy. If sellers are made to bear the charge forcefully, Baazee is punishing the sellers for the buyer's action. Using credit card or bank transfer is buyer's convenience, and they should pay for it. At least the sellers should be given choice either to make their buyers pay or pay it themselves. Baazee is very high handed - not at all good for your business.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

acoustics_in1
Community Member
When stores outside can charge their customers 10.2% of service charge,i dont understand what makes baazee think that the extra 2% for OBT and 4% for cc payment acts as hidden charges.BEsides the solution given that they should be included side by side along with the delivery charges sounds absolutely fine enough!
Hope baazee changes its money gathering attitude and instead becomes a bit seller friendly too.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

superstores_tech
Community Member
Well i agree with these views !!

But i dont think this post will help as now its eaby and you know every thing is to be systematic and intertionall style .. lolzzz ...

Seems liek the situation is like we have to adjust as per the situation ... still lets inflate all the listings by 4% and le the offline payemnt mode buyers suffer !!
Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Message 4 of 4
latest reply