cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ebay.com Nightmare for Indian buyers

president_of_india
Community Member
Fine print of buying from USA

I would like to share with ebay india buyers about my experience of buying form Ebay USA

Recently i bought a item from Ebay USA
http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300068842221&rd=1&rd=1

Item cost was about 30 dollars
Shipping cost was 7 dollars.
i ordered in january this year.
Waited for one whole month of february but didn't recieve anything.
Filed a dispute and contacted the seller in march.
Seller is not providing me with any exact shipping details for me to review.
When i investigated the seller about providing me with shipping details like tracking number etc.,the response from my seller is this:

"Your package was sent by global priority mail in a 6 by 10 inch carboard envelope with the
item wrapped in bubble wrap."

Not much of help to me.

When i filed a claim with ebay i came to know that the maximum rimbursements that i can get forthis transaction is US $ 4 because the ebay policy is as follows:

"The maximum claim payout you can receive is your winning bid amount (up to US $200.00) less the US $25.00 processing cost. If your winning bid is less than US $25.00 your transaction is ineligible for a claim."

In my case
Item price= US $ 30
Shipping fees =US $ 7(non refundable)
Claim processing fees=US $ 25

Total money spent= US $37
Total money lost=US $33 and three months of waiting for the item and three months for processing the claim.
My crime: I WAS A BUYER AT EBAY.COM

My six months of the year 2007 are wasted in kissing ebays ass.

Moral of the story:

Dont ever buy form EBay USA or be prepared to loose everything like i did.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,
You cannot entirely blame the seller. Either the post must be sitting in customs or must have been lost. The sellers in USA assumes the post everywhere in the world is as efficient as in their country. But many a time, there is theft from the Indian Post Offices. Judging by the feedbacks of the seller, they are genuine sellers with a good feedback.

You should have ensured that the item was send by a service which has end to end tracking. Global priority does not have any kind of tracking.

How did you pay for the item. If you paid by paypal, log into Paypal and you can claim the full money back by opening a disputer. If you paid by credit card, you can call up the credit card company and block the payment.
Cannot do much if you used other methods of payment.

Next time, when you buy internationally ask for a service with tracking. Is a lesson for sellers too. If you accept payment by credit card always send to the verified address with tracking.
Onesimpleman
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

president_of_india
Community Member
Thanks for your reply. I paid through demand draft.This is the first time i ordered anything from abroad. Didnt know the intricacies.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply