USPS package arriving to india

sanjeevsrinivasan1972
Community Member
I recently purchased a Voip phone worth GBP 26 (around Rs. 2274) from a seller from US from ebay. The seller says the item would usually be shipped in 10-12 days and it was shipped on 27th june,06.
I wanted to know from the users, will this be shipped to the shipping address by the EMS post service in india and the postman will collect any duties applicable himself or do we have to locate the local customs department and run there if this is the case how do we identify our item to the officer there.
Is EMS and USPS work hand in hand as I saw one user mentioning about it that the delivery of the package will be done by the postman.
Please help as I am already over 12 days so that i want to choose a course of action to collect the same.

thanks
Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

priyank.shivhare
Community Member
I ordered a wireless stereo headset from NJ USA, the seller shipped it via USPS on 14th Jan, he provided me the tracking no. # LN018528711US, but I cant trace it.. and today is 31st, and I still haven't recieved the parcel. what to do?
please reply at priyankshivhare@hotmail.com
Message 41 of 117
latest reply

hi,
I ordered an electronic item from ebay usa - was sent through usps - the tracking on the site showed it to have arrived abroad ( in India ) on 12th Jan - after waiting for 12 days i went to the foreign post office( i found out about this from messages in this forum) in New Delhi - incredibly no one there was willing to provide any information - after much cajoling one guy helped out and found out the status - it had been detained for inspection by customs - then it took quite some doing to persuade the customs officer there to carry out the inspection on that day itself instead of the one scheduled by him on Feb 10th - the inspection was carried out - am still awaiting the item here - anyone's got any ideas how long does it take after the salaami at the foreign post office for the goods you ordered to reach your place - much appreciate any inputs - thanks in advance
Message 42 of 117
latest reply

shahrukh1612_123
Community Member
Hi,
I have recently bought a diecast Plane model from e-bay USA which was shipped via USPS First Class on 6th Feb 2010 and from then I dont know where my parcel is? Custom Decl.No-LN023024209US it is of just $30.I contacted the customs but no reply.VEEDEEDIRECT can you please help me out and tell me how much time it will take for delivery in "Pune". Thank You.
Message 43 of 117
latest reply

asharmaisdon
Community Member
Hi,
I ordered a product from ebay canada. Seller shipped using Canada Post small packets. It doesnt even provide tracking. Its been 1 month I donno where my product is. Please let me know what can I do. Also from where do we get customs declaration number
Message 44 of 117
latest reply

abavera
Community Member
For Tracking refer
http://wiki.dealextreme.com/(S(pi1aptruxl5qqy4503sswi55))/Default.aspx?Page=EMS&Code=1&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

and

For India sent from US using USPS
http://services.ptcmysore.gov.in/speednettracking/
Message 45 of 117
latest reply

aruntan
Community Member
I am also facing the similar issue. I do not think it is the fault with the USPS, but from our postal department.

Even though the USPS tracking site says that it has cleared the foreign (India) customs on the 29th March 2010, am still waiting the parcel to be delivered.

Mean while I enquired with the local (Kochi) foreign post office, where I was told that the parcel (which is a Blackberry) might be detained by the customs for checking and that I might receive the memo to be present at their office in may be 10 days time.

Today being a 2nd saturday, thats all the foreign post office people could help me out.

Am also waiting.....
Message 46 of 117
latest reply

Hi,

Veedeedirect is not a customs house agent.

We cannot answer individual enquires.

Please do not spam our mail box or telephones numbers with your individual querries.

----------

Devesh
Message 47 of 117
latest reply

newmotive
Community Member
hi friends
Ask ebay to resolve the issue on shipping hope they do . If seller does not respond tell them you would leave negative feedback.
Message 48 of 117
latest reply

articlaus
Community Member
Hey there all 🙂
i am having the exact same problem.
and i want to get it sorted out soon. cause i am moving out of my apartment(which the parcel addresses to)
so can anyone help me?
My USPS Priority Mail Tacking number is #CQ673096522US
thanks in advance and hope to hear back soon.
-arti
Message 49 of 117
latest reply

Hi,

I have purchased blackberry from US on 23 June 10 and it reached Mumbai Customs on 29 June 10 and since then it is pending custom clearance and I have no clue whom to contact. I tried calling USPS they tell me that it is with India Customs and they have no control over the same. Can someone help me the tracking number is EC702645087US
Message 50 of 117
latest reply