USPS package arriving to india

sanjeevsrinivasan1972
Community Member
I recently purchased a Voip phone worth GBP 26 (around Rs. 2274) from a seller from US from ebay. The seller says the item would usually be shipped in 10-12 days and it was shipped on 27th june,06.
I wanted to know from the users, will this be shipped to the shipping address by the EMS post service in india and the postman will collect any duties applicable himself or do we have to locate the local customs department and run there if this is the case how do we identify our item to the officer there.
Is EMS and USPS work hand in hand as I saw one user mentioning about it that the delivery of the package will be done by the postman.
Please help as I am already over 12 days so that i want to choose a course of action to collect the same.

thanks
Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

sreenath_r
Community Member
For those who are trying to track USPS letter/parcel beginning with LN ...

I recently found out via Foreign Post Office, Mumbai, that these cannot be tracked within India. Usually, after the necessary clearance, the local post man delivers the item and collects any customs due on it.

I am waiting for an item brought on EBAY with tracking ID starting with LN and will update you if/when the parcel is received.

-- Sreenath
Message 101 of 117
latest reply

Even I ordered A Sound Card With tracking Number starting with LN USPS First Class Int'l and it was shipped on 28th June.

I still didnt recieve the item As of today.I contacted the seller.he cheked with USPS and informed me that the item reached India on 19 july..

Anybody Know What to do After this..MY local post office in Hyderabad HaS NO INformation at all.!!

Message 102 of 117
latest reply

tdsgaming
Community Member

sir i bought a controller on 14th june it is coming by ordinary mail USPS TO KOLKATA FOR WHICH I PAID 25 USD FOR SHIPPING NOW THE SELLER EVEN DOESNT REPLY WHEN DID IT LEAVE FOR INDIA RATHER TELLING ME GO SEARCH IN CUSTOMS,HOW CAN I SEARCH CUSTOMS IF DONT KNOW WHICH DAY IT LEFT US.

Message 103 of 117
latest reply

SAME ISSUE BUT MY SELLER IS NOT EVEN TELLING ME WHEN IT REACHED INDIA AND YOU HYDRABAD UPGRADED POSTAL SERVICE (FOREIGN POST OFFICE ) YOU WILL GET YOUR STUFF SURELY
Message 104 of 117
latest reply

any updates?
Message 105 of 117
latest reply

hey dude, have you received your product, as iam also facing similar issue. i ordered a mobile on 3rd/Aug/13.

The Tracking ID is starting from LK****

Message 106 of 117
latest reply

Did u recieve ur shipment.........if recieved then on which date

Message 107 of 117
latest reply

Hi,

Did you get the parcel delivered.

I am also expecting parcel, but really scared of indian post. whether ripp off my stuff and just give only the package without any item.

Please let me know your experience

Message 108 of 117
latest reply

Did you finally get the parcel?

Actually indian postal officials are crooks, they crack open the parcels (especially foreign ones) take out the stuff and send either garbage or not send the post at all... ur response is important pl reply.. i too waiting for a parcel from UK with no tracking no via india post

Message 109 of 117
latest reply

Hi,

My case is similar one. I also have similar Tracking number LJ************US. It is shipped on 4-April-2014. 10-APR-2014 it has left Chicago. Till now, I haven't received it yet.

By the way, what did you do to get your item back?

How long it took to receive it?

Could you give me your number? I can contact you for understanding the solution you got?

Rajesh

Message 110 of 117
latest reply