Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Learn from Experienced eBay Member 'thethirdi'

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

A warm welcome to this thread!

If you have any question, or will like any help regarding eBay, please feel free to ask your host thethirdi on this thread. thethirdi will be on this thread for one week (10th Feb - 17th Feb) and will be checking this thread regularly.

Apart from being passionate about eBay, thethirdi has great interests in Reading books and understanding hidden powers of the mind. Feel free to take discuss the above with him.

If you have any question, click on the post a reply button. Do not forget to watch this thread to receive an email on any update on the thread.

Click Here to know more about thethirdi

If you are an experienced member, and will like to help other members on discussion boards, please feel free to write to me at sapana@ebay.com

We hope you enjoy your stay here!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

praveenar0
Community Member
Hi,
I just bought this new cellphone from ebay,incidentally my first transaction. Turns out, it wasnt quite as expected. First off, the Nokia phone I bought, is a gift to my sister and it has no warranty card. So, is it a practice not to provide one? Also, the instrument doesnt have good reception. You can hardly hear anything when you make a call. I am very embarassed over this choice now, so much I have decided to stop using the site! Also, I have not received any message from the buyer on this regard.
Please help me do justice to my gift.
Thanks.
Message 41 of 47
latest reply

thethirdi
Community Member
Hi Praveen

I can sympathise with you. When buying expensive items, you should always check the ratings and the feedback of the seller. Whenever you are buying anything from anywhere, whether its online or offline, the rule of Caveat Emptor ( Buyer beware ) always applies.

Kindly check whether the seller has mentioned if he will provide a warranty card or not. Many sellers buy electronics from the grey market, hence they are unable to provide any warranty/guarantee.

Secondly, has the seller offered you a 100% satisfaction guarantee? If the seller is new, probably he will not ofer such guarantee.

You can try calling up the buyer and explain your problem to him. If he is sincere in his dealings, he will help you out. If he is not, then you can escalate the issue to eBay's buyer protection program.

Your decision to stop using the site is a harsh one. One seller is not a representation of all sellers. There are many sellers who are sincere and do their best to provide a good experience to the buyer.

I would suggest you make one or two low-value purchases from reputed sellers. This would re-strengthen your belief in online shopping.

Regards
Abhishek

Message 42 of 47
latest reply

thethirdi
Community Member
Hi Parag

Kindly contact Rediff's customer service and inform them of your predicament. Rediff is very good in buyer support and very poor on Seller Support ( i am a seller on rediff, so i can say that safely!)

If there is any dispute, they simply deduct the amount from the seller's account.

I am sure they will be able to help it out. Also ask them for the consignment number of the parcel and other courier details.

Regards
Abhishek

Message 43 of 47
latest reply

thethirdi
Community Member
Hi Sukriti

You remind me of days when we were new, and nothing was selling !

I suggest you to increase the number of products. 3-4 products will not be of much help. Increase it to at least 30-40.

Decide on what you are good at. Where does your interest lie. If it is in books, go ahead. But give a WIDE variety of options to your buyers.

If you want to sell books, get hold of a couple of publishers and put their entire catalogue online. In no time you will have hundreds of listing. Its time for massive action !

jewellery, electronics, household items also do well. Whatever you decide, increase the number of products.

Dont forget the basics of good selling like good images, good descriptions and other things that you must have already tried. These are non-negotiable.

Online selling is just like any other business. You have to persist.

Once you start seeing some results on eBay.in, you can try international selling on eBay.com

If there is anything else i can help you with, do let me know.

Regards
Abhishek

Message 44 of 47
latest reply

thethirdi
Community Member
Hi Parag

Another tip from Sapana...

If you have paid by Credit card, you can go in for chargeback. This way the bank will cover you up for the loss. Thats a good suggestion!

Regards
Abhishek

Message 45 of 47
latest reply

thethirdi
Community Member
Hi Jitesh

You seem to have done all that you can. It is unfortunate that you have not received any satisfactory reply.

eBay gets hundreds of mails every day. So it is quite possible that your case is still "in queue". I suggest you mail them once again. I am sure they will look into your concerns seriously.

Best wishes
Abhishek

Message 46 of 47
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

I will like to thank thethirdi for taking time off and helping other users. I am sure lot of users will benifit from his advice and tips.

This thread will be locked and archived for future reference.

If you have more questions and looking for help, ask brand.deal on this thread

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 47 of 47
latest reply