cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

BUYER'S ROLL IN INDIAN CUSTOMS DEPT IN GLOBAL PURCHASE

tukai1
Community Member
i've won a non electronic toy item (a 3d view master set, 20USD + 15USD shipping charge) from ebay.com USA. the seller will complete all formalities in US customs dept. pl tell me whether i've any role in Indian customs dept. or i'll simply pay the amount thru' paypal and receive the product? what's the procedure of delivery?
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

touch.thesky
Community Member
You may go ahead and pay through payPal, the item that you have bought can not be taxed by the customs official as it is just an inexpensive toy, however be prepared for the postal and customs department scrutiny, they open mostly each and every foreign parcel. I am sure you wouldn't be taxed.
Best luck.
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

the info has been very useful. thx
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

chandan.maddanna
Community Member
Hi All,

I need some info guys, i have paid for some old Sun Circuits, form US and have told him to paste this in big sheet on all sides of the box.

So he will paste the below content on the box and send it through upsc courier . So tell me what i will have to pay over here..

--------------------------------------------------

CONTENTS : OLD USED ELECTRONIC PARTS

PUSPOSE : EDUCATIONAL EXPERIMENTATION ONLY

LIFE REMAINING : USABLE FOR 8 YEARS

COST : 45 US DOLLARS ( $ ) or RUPEES 1,790 ( INR - INDIAN RUPEES )

SHIPPED TO : Chandan Maddanna, NO 20, Muneshwara temple street, RMV 2nd stage, Nagashetty Halli, BANGALORE 560094 , KARNATAKA , INDIA

------------------------------------------------------

Regards.

-- Chandan
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

chandan.maddanna
Community Member
Hi All,

I need some info guys, i have paid for some old Sun Circuits, form US and have told him to paste this in big sheet on all sides of the box.

So he will paste the below content on the box and send it through upsc courier . So tell me what i will have to pay over here..

--------------------------------------------------

CONTENTS : OLD USED ELECTRONIC PARTS

PUSPOSE : EDUCATIONAL EXPERIMENTATION ONLY

LIFE REMAINING : USABLE FOR 8 YEARS

COST : 45 US DOLLARS ( $ ) or RUPEES 1,790 ( INR - INDIAN RUPEES )

SHIPPED TO : Chandan Maddanna, NO 20, Muneshwara temple street, RMV 2nd stage, Nagashetty Halli, BANGALORE 560094 , KARNATAKA , INDIA

------------------------------------------------------

Regards.

-- Chandan
Message 14 of 24
latest reply

shauna461
Community Member
Hi all,

I have a question about customs. I recently bought wall art from an online store and the seller sent me a email telling me I have to pay them the customs fee before they will ship it to me. They are requiring this because they say they have had trouble with customers in the past not paying their customs. therefore, the customs fee is charged to the seller instead. Does this sound right? I thought customs fees are not the sellers responsibility. I do not know much about this so I guess I want to know if I am getting ripped off? Here is the email they sent.

Thank you for your order.
Here is a copy of our updated policy for international shipments and additional charges:

International customers are subjected to your country import duties and taxes and we are not responsible for paying them. Due to high percentage of customers not paying their duties and taxes we are billed by the shipping companies for these charges instead. Because of that we decided to collect the estimate duties and taxes for each international order prior its shipment. If there is a difference in the actual amount we will adjust the charge accordingly.

Here is the link to the actual policy:
http://www.walldecorandhomeaccents.com/help.html

I have attached a copy of the estimate duties and taxes that would apply to your order if we proceed with it. Before we go any further we need to receive a reply form you authorizing Wall Decor and Home Accents to charge your credit card for the additional amount of $66.00

We are really sorry for the inconvenience but if we send you the order you will need to pay this charges anyway but if we do not collect them now we take a risk of paying them instead which will reflect in a loss for our company. We can not proceed with the order if you do not want to pay this amount.
Message 15 of 24
latest reply

dear tukai,
any item u wantto import above 19 usd with shippment cost are liable to pay import duty as per govt law, it also need iec code to import the items and to pay coustom duty
with out this their is possibility , that item may held by coustom
thanks
arun
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Hello,

If the purchase is important to you - Pay the Seller via PayPal. Once you get the goods into India and pay the duty, ask the seller to refund the paypal amount.

The seller is right in the sense that, if the buyer does not pay the customs duty which have already been levied and paid by the express shipping company, the express shipping company gives the shipper three options:

1) Pay the duty and the goods will be delivered to the buyer.

2) Pay the duty and return freight and goods will come back to the shipper.

3) Do not pay the duty and the goods will be disposed by the express freight company.

If the shipper (seller) opts for the third option, the express company will discontinue their account and no longer ship for them.

As I always advice, do not buy from internatlly as customs in India are unpredictable, you may get in more trouble than you bargained for.

Regards,

Devesh
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

i am agree with cameras n such
improting goods is gamble
always buy from genuine sellers or importers
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

subhasis.das1973
Community Member
what is the main matter :
1. cost of the product? upto what amt is duty free?
2. size of the parcel?
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

subhasis.das1973
Community Member
HI all,

I want to by a DOVO Straight Razor form USA cost Near about $75 with shipping. would i any amt as duty?

Subhasis
Message 20 of 24
latest reply