cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shipping Issues to India. Item not received. Been almost a month.

nc_showcase
Community Member
I shipped a package to India using PayPal shipping and Internation Priority USPS shipping. It has almost been a month and still not received. I check tracking everyday. Back around the 12th of Sep, it said it had cleared customs. It stuck on that for almost two weeks and then on the 25th, it said the same thing, but the date had changed to 9/25, so I just thought the customs thing was going slow. Then on the 29th, it went to status of "into foreign customs" and now says it is being processed by customs. Below is the actual details from USPS site.

Into Foreign Customs, September 29, 2008, 3:00 pm, INDIA
Out of Foreign Customs, September 25, 2008, 4:53 pm, INDIA
Arrived Abroad, September 25, 2008, 3:43 pm, INDIA
Out of Foreign Customs, September 12, 2008, 4:43 pm, INDIA
Arrived Abroad, September 12, 2008, 4:03 pm, INDIA
International Dispatch, September 07, 2008, 1:09 pm, FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099
Electronic Shipping Info Received, September 03, 2008

Has anyone had this same issue and is there anyway that my receiver can contact anyone ? I found one posting with a Superintendent of Customs number and I provided that to my customer. Is there anything else I can do ? I opened investigation with USPS and I have tried calling India several times, but just rings and rings and then hangs up. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. This has put a $2300 hold on my paypal account and is drastically affecting my business.

Thanks,
Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

crustydemon4vilas
Community Member
Hi Guys,

I'm one of you who has faced problems with the import by USPS. I'm putting my complete experience with this service.

I had ordered a laptop from Frsotycomputers USA. It is a MSI X370us. I had made the payment on 20th of July through google checkout. The parcel got released from USA on the 25th of july. Everything was going well till the parcel landed in Mumbai customs office. The parcel did not show any movement for the next few days. I got all worried and in my concen i tried to run in all different directions. However non of the information available on the internet helped much. I even found a URL for the Indian postal service where I could use my USPS tracking number to find more information. bt it was as useless as the USPS website.

I kept in a regular touch with the vendor. Gradually he stopped taking interest in my parcel. So i decided to follow up with USPS on my own. USPS informed me that the express delivery is done within 7 to 9 working days. If there is no update on the website they will have to launch a complaint and get in touch with their indian partner. Only sender can launch this complain with usps. Knowing this I forced my vendor to call USPS and made him launch a complaint. In 5 working days USPS was able to provide me a feedback from the customs office informing me "Please contact customs office 022-261-560-63, 022-261-561-52, Ticket BY-11X-XX consignment number EC970XXXXXXXUS"

Meanwhile on the 20th of August I got a letter from customs office asking me come to their office or send a representative. If in case I fail to respond to them within 15 days of the date of signing of the letter, The parcel will be auctioned off.

I tried to call on the landline number for more than 100 times before i finally got someone on the line. They told me that the parcel has been detained by the customs due to a valuation issue. It would cost me 62% of the value of the laptop as custom duty and apart from that there would be 5000 Charge for the detaining. This office is situated in Santacruz. Opposite to Hotel Sahara international.

My friend visited their office on the 24th of August. He was asked to carry my ID proof, a letter of undertaking from my side stating that i give rights to my friend, the invoice, the proof of payment and my friends ID proof. The people at the customs office gave him an estimate of "15 thousand". Thanks to my friend he negotiated this charge. Finally he was given a round figure of 5,000.

he paid the money there and then the parcel was sent through Indian post to me. Finally I received my laptop on the 27th of August at my local post office.

August 27, 2011, 7:59 pm Delivered
August 24, 2011, 7:06 pm Customs clearance processing complete INDIA
July 31, 2011, 11:18 am Customs Clearance INDIA
July 31, 2011, 9:36 am Processed Through Sort Facility INDIA
July 26, 2011, 5:19 pm Processed Through Sort Facility INDIA
July 26, 2011, 5:16 pm Arrived at Sort Facility ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
July 25, 2011, 7:26 pm Acceptance ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
July 25, 2011, 6:27 pm Processed through Sort Facility CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91715
July 25, 2011 Electronic Shipping Info Received CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91715

Hope u guys find all this information helpful ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 31 of 38
latest reply

royality0007
Community Member
hi
i m from australia planning to sell an iphone 4s 64 gb
for around Rs 60,000 would like to know how much will be the custom charges for iphone 4s as its not officially released in india.

thanks
Message 32 of 38
latest reply

naik.sooraj
Community Member
People report the customs duty on iPhone ranges from Rs 500 to Rs 2000
Message 33 of 38
latest reply

newmotive
Community Member
customs dept of India employees are cold blooded thieves and avaricious fools demanding bribe so that they charge double the amount of charge . They don't follow govt rules, besides their own money making rules!. A good customes officer is like water in desert!. Very bad stupid retards. They are spoiling country name, and dignity what great persons like Gandiji tought.
Message 34 of 38
latest reply

pontiac520
Community Member
I have sent a registered letter to UK on 24th september, all my parcles in UK are delivered with 10-12 days but this has not yet been delivered, what should i do !! Will it help to contact the postoffice in India.
Message 35 of 38
latest reply

pontiac520
Community Member
I have sent a registered letter to UK on 24th september, all my parcles in UK are delivered with 10-12 days but this has not yet been delivered, what should i do !! Will it help to contact the postoffice in India.
Message 36 of 38
latest reply

samina26
Community Member
Ihave ordered a bag from U.S to iNDIA.iTS BEEN 25 days but it still has not reached.I'm really worried.I had selected USPS first class mail international.Can anyone help me what I should do?
Message 37 of 38
latest reply

pannakadan
Community Member
Contact your nearest postal appraising department office (customs). Indian postal department send all importing goods to customs department for evaluation of the goods. Then Your package stuck in customs office.The reason is, they don't know the real price of the importing goods.So the customs department send a show cause notice to addressee for submit purchase bill or valid invoice within 10 days.If you not received this notice , you must contact your nearest customs department office.After submitting the real documents , they will evaluate the goods and calculate the customs duty amount.After they handover the goods to postal department.Postal department send the goods to the addressee via local post or speed post . Addressee must pay the customs duty when he/she collecting the goods from local post office or postman.
Message 38 of 38
latest reply