Does India ebay use PayPal?

teacake_and_canasta
Community Member
Hello there, I am in New Orleans Louisiana in the US. I am interested in selling dvds with ebay India but I don't see a paypal link. Are you able to have a paypal account in India? Paisapay isn't possible outside of India.

If you don't mind you can send information to me at flame_mcbain@yahoo.com

THANK YOU!
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

heygates_in1
Community Member
PayPal is not offered on eBay.in. Instead they have their own system, PaisaPay, which in my opinion is quite an idea.

If the listing you are using offers international shipments, use PaisaPay & key in your credit card info. I hope it works.
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

vyapari_com
Community Member
PaisaPay is not much convenient. Entire eBay is using Paypal and paisapay is much less powerful than that. I had paypal balance but for making payment for listing in ebay india I had hard time to make payment through other methods.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Indian buyers (a well as sellers) can open Paypal Account. Although Paypal is not given the status as an accepted method in eBay India; a seller can mention in the description that he accepts Paypal payment. If the buyer wants to use Paypal he can do so using his credit/debit card.
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

sachin.yadav2009
Community Member
Yes i would liek ebay.in to use paypal
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

shrigovindam
Community Member
Sellers in India Paypal are experiencing remittance issues with Paypal. Still many sellers who sell internationally use it.

Jaipur-Jewelry-Mart
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Buyers can pay by PayPal if the seller agrees.Sellers can generate PayPal invoice if buyer likes that.
PaisaPay is very efficient and transparent and equally good.I personally like PaisaPay.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Hi Flame,

eBay India doesn't use PayPal but that shouldn't discourage you. You can contact eBay India customer support and ask them the procedure to link you up with some Indian seller via Global Easy Buy scheme (GEB). In this way, an Indian Seller will act as your agent.

Alternatively, you can link your Credit Card account with PaisaPay and receive the money into your CC.

Kind Regards,
Mustufa
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

adi3212
Community Member
I am a registered user of ebay.com I want to ask if I can use this account for selling. as they have suspend my account I do not for which reason. I was selling on ebay.com from india. Please help can you give me a phone number to contact them.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

sn-shoppe
Community Member
Better you Always Contact Ebay Costumer care For All Your Inquires U call From cell phone / land-line toll free no. 18002093229
:-)*~*Regards Sn-Shoppe*~*:-)
Message 10 of 18
latest reply