cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Commercial Export Procedure of SINGLE ITEMS to INDIVIDUAL BUYERS

Hello Everyone,

Finally God has accepted our prayers & we are just hoping for the best to happen in the declaration that is to be made on 3rd March regarding the paypal withdrawal issu.

Regarding the recent statement by Mr.Irani,he mentioned that we will need IEC Code for bank withdrawals,that's fine with us & a few other sellers who have their IEC codes already,
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SMALL/NEW SELLERS with NO IEC codes with them,WILL THEY NEVER EVER GET THEIR MONEY?????

And let me inform everyone about this,we are in this export business since 30 years,but relatively very new to ebay,& since past 3 years,it is not only the IEC code which you need to export goods,but also the VAT License,& the VAT returns are filed every 3 months,so applying for IEC codes in few days & submitting it to paypal is not the solution to this whole issue,if you mention these payments as export payments & you ship the goods as export,you will also need VAT license.

I think we all need to discuss this & ebay should help all of us to know about the Commercial Export Procedure of SINGLE ITEMS to INDIVIDUAL BUYERS,which will create a world of confusions though,as there isnt any step taken by the Indian Government to Simplify the whole process yet..

To start with the FIRC issue which paypal has declared to issue now,
Until now as an exporter,i was only exporting in bulk,not on ebay though,so we were getting FIRC's only for bigger value shipments (for more than lets say USD 1000),for which our bank charges Rs. 150,mentioning the name of the sender & the conversion rate,so we used to export it on the same name & get our goods appraised through customs & after that we needed to get all the documents like BRC & Airway/Shipping Bill cleared by RBI with all the legal formalities,& so the Shipping & Handling cost & the time involved is also relatively high on these shipments,this is the right procedure of shipping the items commercially.

But here as we are selling single items on ebay to individual buyers,lets say average selling price is
USD 10 for each item,so if we sell 100 items in a week,& by the end of the week we withdraw 1 paypal payment of the total amount USD 1000,so WILL WE GET 100 FIRCs from 100 Different Buyers? & for which we need to pay Rs.150 per FIRC,means RS.15000 only for FIRC's in an export of USD 1000 / Rs. 45000,& moreover the commercial shipment charges are also higher than the sample shipments,does anyone think is it possible this way,& can we survive in the severe competition from the foreign sellers like this??
And what about the so many documents that we need to clear through RBI after that for only $10 items??

Although there is also a little possibility of issuing 1 FIRC per withdrawal,but then we need to know what Consignee/Sender names will be mentioned on that FIRC,will it be 100 different names then?? because we need to send the goods on those specific names..

These all small things also need to be resolved with this whole issue,as we will all face such things in near future,so lets discuss about it till the whole issue is resolved,& i request to ebay staff & to higher volume sellers to help us regarding this so that we can all follow the same procedure..

Thanks,
God Bless you all.
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Commercial Export Procedure of SINGLE ITEMS to INDIVIDUAL BUYERS

ONE QUESTION PLEASE...

WHO WILL ISSUE THE Ficr's, as our bank receive payment in INdian rupees..So who will issue the FICR
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

real.phoenix ,

can you please inform me how we will get FIRC.. from which bank.... as we receive payment In Indian Rupees...So which bank will issue us FIRC .....

is paypal issue us FIRC.... ....
all other things are clear......
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

We are planning to start the international selling as well. I read through all the posts about the changes & challenges with Paypal.

Wanted to ask if we can still withdraw funds via cheque through paypal? (I know there is a $5 fee for this. ) If yes then would we need a FICR code for depositing it in our Indian Bank account. I often deposit few personal US$ cheques in my savings account & have never been required to input a FICR.

- Manish
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

clikshop
Community Member

Hi All,

Can we get 1 FIRC/Month much like en excel worksheet giving

Buyer Name, Country, Transaction date(dd/mm/yy), Amount.( the kind of softwares they have it should not take more than a minute for the soft copy to me mailed to individual accounts)

I think this is very much possible and can serve the purpose. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

RIGHTLY pointed 'Manixware" and there is no clean solution to the same, furthermore if we look at the conditions for GST exemption we get STUCK for the very reason that how IP could be used!!.

Regards.

Diwakar

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Hi 

I am replying to a very old thread that was created 8 years ago in 2010.

In 2010 this industry (retail ecommerce exports) was not known to most of the CAs, Lawyers and government officials. However, now, after GST it has been known and discussed by many.

Over all these years, unfortunately, nothing has progressed except that the business has grown. However, the tremendous growth in business and absolute lack of clarity has left the sellers in a worse situation.

Here are my few observations:

The Government of India has still not drafted any guidelines on the E-Commerce exports in India. 
If you go to a VAT office, they will not recognize your sales as exports because you cannot provide the documents such as - 
1) Shipping Bill
2) e-BRC

Hence, the business carried on eBay (and Amazon and other websites) by thousands of sellers considering themselves as exporters are not considered as exporters by the government departments.

Recently, the CSB-V has been introduced but only DHL E-commerce issues it. No other courier,

The Postal Bill of Export was introduced in July 2016. It stated that e-commerce exporters has to ship through THREE Foreign Posts Offices in order to obtain the PBE to be furnished later on as a proof of export. These 3 (only 3) offices are in Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai. This means an exporter from any other city, has to go to the nearest of these cities to ship their articles.

It is my humble request to the eBay sellers to understand these complexities before getting into this business. China has a different set of policies for e-commerce exports but we are India. We do not have any policies as of now.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply