cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the so called warranty offered by ebay sellers is not good enough

rajesh_73
Community Member
Dear MR.Avnish Bajaj,I had bought a sony digital camera from Singapore mall(item code 7528812421)on ebay in july.I was promised a bill and warranty for the product as well.I incidentally had to write a lot of mails to the seller to get the so called bill and warranty for theitem.But it only added salt to injury!Do you know what that warranty looked like?Frankly speaking,it was a piece of paper on which were printed the words 'this product is under warranty for one year'.I couldnot decide whether I should cry or laugh.Now tell me would any sony dealer honour such a piece of paper as warranty ?And if not then where do I go to avail of this so called warranty?To Delhi I guess,where the seller is having a shop.Can u tell me what to do?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

hi2k_soho
Community Member
sir ... what do you want to attain by addressing this grievance to MR. bajaj ? do you expect him to call you up and sympathise with you ???
there is a dispute console in your my ebay .. go there and put a claim against the seller ... if your complaint is genuine .... ( the process of claiming money may be a bit lengthy ) .. but you will get full money through buyer protection ...
at least that is a better chance that you recover your hard earned money .
if you are wrong even MR. bajaj cant help you and if you are right then even MR. bajaj cant stop you from recovering your money ... i really wish your greivance is solved but i recoomend you use a proper channel for recovering
.. warm regards / hittesh
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

touch_and_shine
Community Member

Hello rajesh_73.
Hitesh have really suggested a right thing for u to do. Kindly open a dispute
that item not as described and if the seller won't respond then u can escalate
the matter to Ebay.

touch_and_shine

http://search.ebay.in/_W0QQsassZtouchQ5fandQ5fshine

Seller on Ebay.in

user posted image

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

posting.id.in
Community Member
O.P, this is a good attitude you have raised. Definately eBay should look in to these type of cheats and charlatans who are out to fraud guilible buyers by mentioning Bill and Warranty when they can provide none.

The simple way to weed these type of sellers (for eBay) is to first ask for their business license and than ask them for invoices of the products which they are claiming to be sold with warranty. I believe eBay.com (the parent US site) has a policy where any seller doing a business upwards of certain amount is asked to provide purchase invoices by PayPal (an eBay company). Any product which is above a certain value should carry a manufacturers/importer's warranty and the seller should be able to show a chain from the importer to him.

Not only the seller you mention but there are dozens of such sellers who are fooling guilible buyers by mentioning bill and warranty on their products when actually these are all grey market products which neither will have valid bills nor will have any warranty worth the paper it is printed on.

O.P., you still have more shocks in store for you. You would be very lucky if your product was repaired or replaced under warranty even if you agree to send it to Delhi.

The modus operandi of these cheats is to say: all we offer is service warranty. The product will be serviced for free but you will have to pay "X" amount as spare part charges. This X amount will cover both spare part cost, service charges and a good amount of profit.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
I agree to some extent what happened is wrong.

But you should consider the fact that not all warratny provided here is a MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY.

Specially in digicams here in the market the models which are not launched officially or the ones which are sold by the imported carries a General Warranty which is more of a assurance that the product is genuine and free of any Manufacturing Defects.

However at times these products carry a Importers Warranty who is responsible to give warranty - but again here there wont be any official Warranty card - but you get these warranties - Atleast in mumbai i know that my suppliers give me a Importers Warranty.

Anyways in branded items there are very rare cases of any claims coming in. I have had just a single claim in 2 years. Regards
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
Further Going through the Listing page: i noted that the selelr has nowhere mentioned about Manufacturers Warranty or a Official Warranty Card.

What has been mentioned is

All Products are under 1 - Year Full Warranty...The Products are all-together replaced if found major errors otherwise will be fixed by our qualified in-house engineers.

Return policy/warranty details: 1 Year Full Warranty....All Products in our Mall carry 1-Year Full Warranty in India..The Product will be picked up from any place in India and will replaced in most cases..No Service Charges or Courier Charges for our customers..

Thus i wont really count the seller at fault !!

Regards
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

singaporemall_in1
Community Member
Hello, I'm Shishir from Singapore Mall...We wish to state that from the 1st day of selling on Ebay we're saying that all Items are in Warranty and we've maintained that strictly from day one....We've always honored the warranty, we've many times picked up the products from people from far-away places like Shillong and send the replacement within 3 days..We can give many examples of that....There is not even a single issue or dispute regarding warranty for which we've not fullfilled...We give the warranty as we get from our distributors, our distributors give Guarantee, full replacement warranty in case of any problem....Thanks.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply