eBay doesn't care about Buyers

gibberishh
Community Member
The entire structure of eBay is highly geared towards sellers. A buyer has absolutely nothing in his or her favour. For example, nowhere until you 'Confirm to Buy' can you get to know the total cost (shipping, insurance, etc) in a single place.

However, the worst probably is their dispute resolution function. I cannot claim that an item has not been received until 10 days have passed. It so happens that my seller is 'no longer registered with ebay', but even then I can't raise a dispute.

My money has been stolen and there is nothing I can do about it. Thank you eBay!

Veer Kothari
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

rishabh_iitk2001
Community Member
Hi,
Cost of the shipping is visible with each listing. whenever you search for a item the cost of shipping + insurance is added and shown on the result page.
Well buyer gets a protection of Rs 10000 but seller does not get any protection. Even if there is a false complaint the seller account gets suspended for 14 days.
Hopefully you would receive your payment from ebay after 10 days.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

mandolin76
Community Member
I know exactly how you feel. Ebay has proven to me and my family, time and time again that they are all about the sellers, that's it.
Ebay tells you to report sellers who violate ebay's rules but when you do, ebay takes about a month to respond to your report,then they give you instructions on what they want YOU to do to resolve it. You check back in a few weeks and that same seller is still violating ebay's rules and causing buyers a problem.
Ebay cannot respond quick enough to a BUYER who violates their rules! For example, I recently posted in the "want it now" section for an item I was looking for and gave my email address for potential sellers on ebay to contact me with their listing.
It didn't occur to me that I was violting any ebay rules.
Suddenly,and almost immediately, I received an email from ebay describing to me how I had violated their policy for posting in "want it now" and that my post had been pulled and they were giving me a warning.
Apparently, my having included my email address in the post gave sellers the open opportunity they needed to sell me an item outside of ebay, thus requiring no money be given to ebay for a listing.
Basically, when I report a seller for doing something wrong to the buyers, I get a sloooooooooooow as Christmas response asking me to do ebay's work for them. However, they simply cannot wait to pull my post and email me letting me know I have gone against their rules. Interesting. Trust me, ebay does not care about the buyers. They make no real money from the buyers.
Sellers give ebay money for their item listing, for their item photo,for the amount of words used in the listing probably, and for any contained links to the seller's store. Ebay makes its money from its sellers and that is why you will never get anywhere when reporting a crooked seller,and you will continue to get warnings and have your posts pulled if ebay doesn't agree with it.
This post will probably get pulled. Why? Because I am not a seller, that's why. There IS no freedom of speech.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

Thrice I have recd items from sellers who were de-registered by ebay at that moment. It depends on the genuinity of the seller whether you will receive your item or not, with his registration suspended. However, many have indeed suffered due to this problem. Hope you will be lucky.

. Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
ID : emailswarup
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

I would like to address some genuine concerns of buyers regarding safety of their product / money on eBay.

As gibberishh rightly pointed out, a buyer has to wait for 10 days before filing INR dispute (Item Not received). Normally a seller ships the product during this period. However, if for any reason whatsoever, the buyer does not receive his product after having made the payment, the buyer is covered under Buyer Protection program. This program covers all buyers upto 10,000.

The steps towards escalating the claim towards buyer protection are: Open A dispute >>>Close a dispute>>>Escalate the claim to Buyer Protection.

eBay does not encourage off eBay sales, since if a buyer gets cheated on such sales he will not be able to make a claim for Buyer Protection program.

We are also working towards increasing the awareness of Buyer Protection Program and making the Program easier to use.

Please allow me to assure you that buyers are as important to eBay as are sellers, for a healthy combination of satisfied buyers and successful sellers makes eBay a vibrant and successful marketplace.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

THIS COMPLAINT PAGE IS A JOKE. Ebay getting bad, can not contact them for a refund. No phone, no chat, no care. Time to change and close account. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

johlee
Community Member

Totally agree.  Ebay sided with the seller, even though they didnt send my product.  the seller sent .they gave a boiler plate reason that the seller gave tracking info, so tough for you even if they didnt send your product. 

its time to close my account.  ebay doesnt care about buyers anymore which is sad and completely contradicts why ebay became successful...  this is probably the end of ebay.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply