cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

e-bay Guarantee DOES NOT GUARANTEE anything to anyone.

abinpjose_123
Community Member
I had paid for NEW iberry AUXUS AX03G Tablet + Phone on 10-07-2012. The same was delivered to me on 25-07-2012.(HOWEVER BEFORE I RECEIVED THE PRODUCT E-BAY HAD UPDATED IN THE SITE THAT THE PRODUCT IS DELIVERED ON 24-07-2012) However on receipt of the same I understood that the product is of inferior quality and not worth for paying Rs 10,000 on such a cheap item. Immediately I wanted to return the product. Then only I realised that the seller have not given me any invoice and have not provided me the address. Immediately I contacted the seller and asked him to provide the return address. However No response had given to me. On 30-07-2012 I raised a claim through e-bay GUARANTEE and requested for refund however to my surprise I have not received any communication from e-bay or from the seller.I requested e-bay to provide me the address of the seller by mail many times. However no response from anyone. On 10-08-2012 I filed a claim on the same till now no response from e-bay or from the seller.
This transaction is an example of the IRRESPONSIBLE attitude of e-bay and by not providing an address for return of shipment e-bay is proving that they are holding hands with the seller to cheat the buyers.
I was just reading through some of the posts below. Now I realise that e-bay is cheating us either we are a buyer or a seller.No one is showing the protest in the right way. That is the reason why e-bay is taking us for granted and taking us on a ride. Someone has to take the issues strongly. This time I am serious and I will take it up.Just waiting for the response from the seller or from e-bay to take up the issue further.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I placed order for a Dell Mini laptop on 26-6-12 with parfumcorner and received the product on Jul 01, 2012. On my attempt to register the product on Dell website, it was found that the product was sold in 2010 and its warranty was over in Janua:-(ry 2012. It was also found that the battery supplied was one of 3-cell and not a 6-cell one. Hence the charge stays only for 3 hours and not more than 7 hours as described in the eaby website. Moreover I didn't receive the bill of the product. I contacted the seller regarding all these and he responded to do good within a short time. But after 2 weeks gone by when I did not receive any output, I decided to raise a claim under ebay Guarantee on 16-7-2012 and on 17-7-12 I was confirmed my claim ID. I was made to understand that my claim will be entertained within 7 days. But after one month gone by when I did not receive any response from ebay I contacted the customer support on 11-8-2012 and then on 17-8-12 one Mr. Mukesh called me up and said that as because the product was lying with me for over 1 month, my claim cannot be entertained. Moreover, he closed the case with a note that the issue
has been resolved by the buyer with a mutual understanding with the seller, which is an absolute lie.
If this be the customer relation of ebay, I am sorry to say that its repute will soon be at stake.
Even the local grocery shop owners are more genuine than this online selling giant.

I report my grievances here in nutshell as follows: I want replacement of my product immediately and if not possible then
refund me back my money of Rs.17650/- along with the cost of returning the product.

1) no bill of purchase as yet received. This is very vital for warranty. I have also come to know from DELL website that the product was sold to you in UK during 2010 and its warranty is over in 2012.

2) the battery provided with the product is a 3-cell battery and not a 6-cell one. The battery life as claimed (more than 7 hrs.)is far from reality -- it only lasts maximum up to 3 hrs.

3) the adapter plug does not fit into the socket

With regards,

Sanjib Mukhopadhyay
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

abinpjose_123
Community Member
Majority of the sellers in ebay currently (in the year 2011 & 2012) are not genuine. I used to purchase from ebay from 2007 onwards. Till the middle of 2011 I never had any problem with any of my purchases. Slowly it started from 2011 onwards, that I am getting products significantly not as described products and its ends in me loosing Rs 10,000.00 now and having purchased a used TV for Rs 35,000.00.

Of late most of the sellers in e-bay are selling products without any bill and they are selling used/smuggled/counterfeit items only. Its better to stay away from e-bay and do the purchases from the local vendors as e-bay doesn't guarantee any quality product. It is always better to see a product and buy rather than taking a chance and getting cheated.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

varunj09
Community Member
I too had similar problem, this is not acceptable, we should raised this to the next level and expose them. They cannot do such a cheating to us, we should go ahead and report this in Consumer court/forum.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

abinpjose_123
Community Member
Does anyone have any idea that how many of our normal days will make up for 7 days of e-bay. I raised an ebay guarntee case on 30-07-2012 and on 10-08-2012 since no response from e-bay or the seller was available I was forced to close the case and claim under the Guarantee. As stated in ebay, I would have received a response from ebay within 7 days. Now it is 16 days over and no response from either the seller or from e-bay.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
abinpjose_123

post a reply here, once you received your refund.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

abinpjose_123
Community Member
It is now 50 days since I had opened a Case in ebay. Till now no one had called me. When ever I was able to reach the pathetic customer support they will assure that I will be receiving a call before 7.30 p.m. that day. HOWEVER THE CHEATING BY e-bay CONTINUES. I RECEIVED A MAIL YESTERDAY STATING THAT THE CLAIM ADJUSTER HAD RESOLVED MY CASE AND ASKED TO GIVE FEEDBACK TO MR. RIZWAN stating that he had sent me a mail on 15-09-2012.However no such mail is received by me. Another cheating tactic of e-bay. HOW CAN THEY SOLVE IT WITHOUT ANY INFORMATION TO ME. MY CLAIM ADJUSTER Mr. KAUSTUBH is sleeping for almost 50 days.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

pradeepccrd
Community Member
You all peoples saying right...we should not buy any things from ebay & also aware to sarrounding peoples for this...
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

shervinatorp4
Community Member
i have same problem with ebay and iberry . they are cheating us.X-(
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
@abinpjose_123... Have you received your refund?
Message 10 of 10
latest reply