Wrong Gift Received in IDP 2012 offer

onlyshweta
Community Member
Hello
During the Independence day offer period I have done purchase of more than Rs.30000. Below are the paisa pay ids for all those purchase.

31828013188, 31828113078, 31828121368, 31879033438, 31888781078, 31888985338

I have selected Canon A1200 as my free Gift. But I have received Canon A800. Please note that Canon A1200 is a 12 Mega Pixel camera & A800 is a 10 Mega Pixel Camera,

I have raised a complaint regarding this on 25th August through Phone but till date there is no resolution.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

bhaskar_gaur
Community Member
Also send them an email, & make sure to send it also to your ppersonal emailID. Emails are taken as evidence in court of law (should the need arise)
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I wonder whether consumer court would be any help as we paid for the item which we get on time but since gifts are free we can't be a consumer.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

onlyshweta
Community Member
I know its free gift But I have done purchase only because of this offer. Also in Ebay's IDP 2012 T&C it was written that ebay can change the gift with same or higher value. Not with lower value.

I have all proofs with me like Print Out of Gift selection confirmation page, IDP offer's printout,IDP T&C's printout, Pictures of received products where A1200 is written on packet but inside it was A800. I will wait for 7 Days and if wont get positive response I will go to consumer court.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@spl_ind...

Please do not misguide the buyers with wrong advice, are you a lawyer ?? no then keep quiet.

The buyer is 100% right in his approach that the attraction of free gift was given only to boost the sale and the same promise was not fulfilled by ebay is sufficient ground for consumer court to decide the case in favour of the buyer.

The only problem is that everybody says but no one does it.
StopandShop
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

onlyshweta
Community Member
Guys I will definitely go to consumer court because I have lawyer at my home.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
@onlyshweta... I understand you have complained regarding the above issue on 25th August by phone but till date there has been no resolution. Why don't you try eBayIndia's Facebook page? Over there every query is being answered by eBay. I am sure someone from eBay will assist you with your issue.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

onlyshweta
Community Member
It more than a month now but no response from ebay.

Please stop making fool of customers.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply