cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why eBay does not publish the Q&A/review for the particular listing ?

realbuyer007
Community Member
There is lack of transparency in your trading portal. If you will consider the below suggestions,your users will be benefited.
1. When a buyer asks a question to the seller for any particular listing, that should be visible to others, so that everyone will know what the seller is saying
2. Why there is no review section for each product listed like Amazon does?
3. What guaranty eBay takes for the genuine products from its sellers ? Each seller says 'we are selling genuine others are not'
4. Some sellers quote very less price at eBay but quotes much much higher price at their own website. I as a buyer do not understand it? Is eBay paying the difference amount to the seller?

Hope eBay will look into these ideas and make their trading platform more and more TRANSPARENT. Because, CONSUMER IS THE KING.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
1. the question and answer visibility is up to the seller. if seller allows the visibility then it can seen to other members.

2. This software is available for other ebay sites , but on ebay India , they sure will add this in future. but as of me this is not very much important. i see feedback for that particular item for the seller and decide to purchase it or not to purchase it.

3. This problem is every where when buying from online shopping sites.
recently ebay removed some 2 Million Counterfeit Items and ebay was was fined โ‚ฌ38.6 million (ยฃ30 million) by a French court for allowing the sale of fake goods through its site.
on how to find replicas go to http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html and http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/protecting-against-scams.html

there is Vero (Verified Rights Owner) program on ebay .please check the link below
http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/vero-aboutme.html

http://pages.ebay.in/help/confidence/programs-vero.html

4. This is where buyer should be smart in selecting the items, don't just see the price and go for it, ask seller to take pictures of the actual product and ask the seller to take pictures of every thing that makes it look an authentic . and check the price for example an Rolex watch can not be sold of only couple of thousand rupees.
it attracts buyer , but when we think for one second not even the Rolex company can able to sell for that cheap price. So, be smart and read buyer protection and how to identify replicas with authentic .

click the below link and see what experts from ebay says and give tips on identifying fake products.

http://reviews.ebay.com/BEWARE-COUNTERFEIT-ITEMS-BEING-SOLD-AS-AUTHENTIC?ugid=10000000004551474

hope this helps.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

realbuyer007
Community Member
Thank you for your reply. But just want to know, are you from eBay or a user like me who has answered it.

1. My suggestion was, do not give a chance/option to the seller to control the visibility of the QnA. Make is mandatory for public viewing. Just want to understand, WHY QnA should not be for public viewing ? What will go wrong ?Its better for better transparency. And as a trading platform eBay MUST force this feature.

2. Reviews by the buyer only, helps a lot to other potential buyers about their overall feedback. And if its in eBay.com why not in eBay.in ??? Indians do not have right to review ?

3. I wish Indian govt is also strict like French govt. and eBay.in can not go away saying its responsibility of the buyer.

4. your reply is confusing. I had asked if there is a huge price difference at eBay.in and the sellers own website, Does eBay.in pays the difference amount to the seller giving some discounts to the buyer or the seller sells FAKE products cheaper at eBay.in ?
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hi,

I understand your concerns.

1. Seller has the question. Seller will only post those questions to his/her listing, which could be useful to others. NOT ALL ASKED QUESTIONS. It depends upon seller to seller.

2. Yes, Indeed its good suggestion. Should be worked out on eBay India also.

3. Please read PaisaPay protection and eBay Guarantee FAQ at below link, it will answer most of your queries:-

http://pages.ebay.in/ebay_guarantee_faqs.html

4. eBay do not endorse any item from any Seller. Its seller wish and responsibility to compete at eBay by providing Lower to Lowest prices.

Uniqueness at eBay
: At no other eCommerce website, (I am not pin pointing at other eCommerce website, its not good thing to do) You wont find such cheap prices, because they have only 1 vendor who supplies that particular product, but at eBay thousands of vendors can provide Same product, thus it increase the competition to reduce the price gap.

SmartPhoneForEver

SmartPhoneForEver
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Dear Members,

It is good to see that our members - uniquecreations2012 and smartphoneforever are proactively helping realbuyer007.:-D

@realbuyer007: I am sure that most of your queries are answered.:-) Your feedbacks are most welcome!
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

realbuyer007
Community Member
@ seemak@ebay.com

This is the expected and FUNNY answer from eBay (I'm NOT talking about other sellers replies).

You wanted my feedback here are they go ....

# When a eBay user/buyer is asking something here at feedback/suggestion to eBay section, all sellers jumping to answer, which is too fishy.

# Seems like eBay.in DOES NOT take any guaranty about the product sold from their platform. Its upto the LUCK of the buyer.

# If the same seller sells same product with much much lower price at eBay than their own eCommerce portal, then again there is something fishy. Why a seller will sell at lower price at eBay ONLY and higher price at their own website ? Do not they want to increase their sell via their own web site or they are doing CHARITY at eBay.in ?

# Ok, agreed that you will get cheaper price at eBay.in, but what about the genuineness of the product ? And the funny part is all sellers say we are genuine and all others are fake !!! And eBay.in keeps the ball at sellers court !!!

TRANSPARENCY IS THE SUCCESS TO ANYTHING. THE MORE YOU WANT TO HIDE, MORE YOU WILL BE EXPOSED TO OTHERS.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Indeed you are a RealBuyer :-)

SmartPhoneForEver

SmartPhoneForEver
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

realbuyer007
Community Member
@smartphoneforever

Yes, I'm a real buyer and thank you for identifying ๐Ÿ™‚

Where are eBay people?
I want some answer from eBay people not from sellers ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
realbuyer007

This is what makes ebay a special and unique as well as great place to sell and shop

Here sellers help each other, like wise buyers help each other.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

realbuyer007
Community Member
@uniquecreations2012

Exactly, When an ordinary buyer gives some suggestions section of eBay, sellers jump into action and all sellers help each other ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜ž

And I'm sorry, If eBay can not guaranty about the genuineness of products then, eBay is a great platform to sell sub standard/ duplicate/ grey products.

Try to understand from a buyers prospective: A buyer puts his/her hard earning money to buy something genuine with a faith and there are some people are sitting here to grab the hard earned money.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply