cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Was Diwali Dhamaka a scam? We need answers from ebay.in...

I am posting this message for single reason that I can take a screenshot of the posted message and keep a record if ebay claims that I didn't claim my Diwali Dhamaka gift in time,

I had ordered two products with combined value of more than 50000 and I am absolutely sure (and I have screenshots of my transactions) that I had put in required coupon codes while making the transactions and received Rs. 0.01 discount on both the products.

But now I am trying to redeem my gift since Nov 25, 2012.

Initially I got an error message about some third party error.
Then I was unable to login from the offer redemption page and my browser used to make efforts to load the next page but failed.
Now the third and master trick from ebay seems to be that I am able to login but I am getting a message saying that I am not eligible for this promotion which is utter rubbish.

This is a message to ebay to resolve this issue immediately or face legal action if I don't get my gift soon which I am totally entitled to.

I was also supposed to receive some Cleartrip gift vouchers in the same promotion which are also yet to arrive.

On top of that not surprisingly their phone lines have stopped working and there is not a single e-mail address on the website on which you can contact them directly.

I advise all members to post such a message in forum and take a screenshot because otherwise they won't have any proof to counter ebay. They would just say that me or you didn't redeem the offer in time.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

And I would also like to know about the results of Diwali Dhamaka mega prize which was was an iPad.

You were supposed to release the winners' details during the promotion period itself but I couldn't find any details on your site.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

raajvardha
Community Member
PaisaPay ID 32311723655) transaction dt. 15/10/12

With reference to the above, I regret to inform you that I have not received the gift item viz. Nikkon L25 against voucher bearing No.HDFCFREEG3 till the date of this message, as per terms I was told that I will get the above gift within 30 days now more than 50 days.

Request to expedite the issue at the earliest to avoid inconvenient as well as referring this issue with consumer forum.

Thanks and regards,
Shunmugam Varadarajan
9969895050 / 8097716180
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

saurabhmishraiitg
Community Member
I have made 2 purchases totalling 40 thousand and everytime i try the link for redeeming my diwali gift, it throws up screen that i am not eligible for this promotion .
My item id's are

I have already sent out multiple mails to Customer support but no reply for any of them. I am not sure what ebay is intending with this unprofessional attitude.
Kindly if some customer service representative is reading this post, assist with the problem.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

sudhakargajjala
Community Member
I have made purchases worth 50000 and I was constantly getting third party error since Nov 26th. I have sent several mails to inappeals@ebay.in but no one responded to those.
Looks like the link is not listed now in ebay home page.
How do we go about this now?
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

o074277
Community Member
i have bought a sony xperia sl and i could not redeem my diwali dhamaka coz it was saying that there was some technical difficulties and please try after 6 pm. that was yesterday and day before and a week ago too. kindly help me claim my gifts.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply