VERY HIGH COURIER CHARGES

anilshahapurkar
Community Member
THE FUN & EXCITMENT OF BUYING PRODUCTS BECOMS NEGETIVE, WHEN WE SEE THE COURIER CHARGES CHARGED IN THE BILL.

YOU CAN WIN A BID FOR Rs.1.00 BUT THE COURIER CHARGES WILL BE AROUND Rs.60/- TO Rs.100/- (IN INDIA) + 2 TO 4% ADDITIONAL COST (NOT ON Rs.1/- BUT INCLUDING COURIER CHARGES)

AS FAR AS I KNOW THE COURIER CHARGES ARE ABOUT Rs.35/- TO Rs.70/- (IF NIGOTIATED PROPERLY WITH SUCH QUANTOM OF BUSINESS) THAT TOO WITH THE TOP TEN COURIER CO.s OF INDIA.

THE PARCELS WE ARE RECEIVING, I CAN SEND SUCH PARCELS WITHIN Rs.30/- TO ANY PART OF INDIA THROUGH A COURIER OF REPUTE.

THE ITEM COST LANDING AFTER SUCH COSTS, IS 50% HIGHER TO THE PRICE IN LOCAL MARKET FOR THE SAME PRODUCT.

WHAY SHOULD WE BUY ON BAAZEE ???

WILL THE BUYIRS WILL THINK ON THIS ISSUE & WILL TAKE CARE BEFORE BUYING.

:O
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: VERY HIGH COURIER CHARGES

alok1964
Community Member
He is absolutely right.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

sag0612
Community Member
yes. bazee must do something about this. most auctioned items have very high shipping price. in such cases, it does not make sense to buy something from bazee.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

jsa7cornell
Community Member
anilshahapurkar - thanks for the feedback! Getting constructive input from buyers like you is extremely important - please keep it up!

I fully agree with you, and I hope that the seller community has a chance to see your feedback. In general, we've seen that when a seller charges excessive shipping fees, buyer satisfaction goes down and likelyhood of fullment problems goes up.

As you can imagine, it is very difficult for baazee to manage/judge what is fair shipping on a product. Outside of enforcing policies around fee avoidance, we cannot get involved. HOWEVER, we can do things to give buyers better visibility as to the full cost of buying an item.

Because of this, and feedback from other buyers like you, we will soon be launching functionality which I think you will like.

1- We will enable buyers to see shipping price on all search/listings results, so that buyers can do a better 1:1 comparison of full item costs between listings
2- We will show the shipping cost of an item 'above the fold' on the item details page. This way, buyers can see the item's shipping cost right away before bidding

Happy Bidding!

Regards

-John Anderson
Head of Category Management
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

zood00
Community Member
hi
i am new to bazee/ebay. but it does require a mensa iq to see that the courier prices mentioned are absolutely ridiculous. it is a pure con game.
i have hidg respect for ebay and would requewst them to do a survey on courier costs and woprk out averages across india. thereafter deviation from mean courier pcharge should be see be noted. if a selller's deviation is very high and evidently malafide, then seller should be blacklisted

i wld like ebay to implement this immediately, even though there are operational and logistic hassles.
only then will commerce on ebay be honest, transparent and FUN
wishing the ebay team all the best. may ebay.in bring all of us prosperity
bye
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

zood00
Community Member
hi
i request ebay to post sales tax, octroi applicable in various partsof india, ersp metros
a ready reckoner will help buyers arrive at the net price
bye
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

ladphrao1966
Community Member
Its called fee avoidance. I noticed that on Ebay India it is prolific to say the least. Sellers selling numerous items for Rps. .01-.25 but then charging Rps. 400 to ship it, problem is thats to ship it in the same city?????????????????????????? One seller selling rice with your name painted on it for Rps .01 thn charging Rps 125 to ship it????????

Ebay is not going to be making to much in India with practices such as these so prolific.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

shoppersdelite_in1
Community Member
Why don't ebay try to collect the couriers charges of different weight of different cities. Make a chart and place it on the buyer page, so that the buyer can calculate the charges himself. Like blue dart, DTDT, overnight, ect...

the buyer can check the charge (+-10%) will be ok to buy the product.

Regards

Shoppersdelite
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

nijhawanparvesh
Community Member
Yes the basic is straightforward to avoid the fees of ebay. there was a seller selling a bp monitor in 1 Rs auction and the courier charge was mentioned as Rs 2895/-.Now thats absolutely ridiculous so EBay wake up before u start losing the buyers on ur site and put n end to such malpractice.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

ristcomputers
Community Member
Hi,

It is nice to see that 1 Paisa Auction is now being promoted on Home page of Ebay Extensively.

The links have certainly brought back the traffic to 1 Paisa Auction after these promo links.

We would request Ebay to look into one drawback of the link so that it becomes effective.

Right now all the links display items starting at Re 1/- which the seller intends to sell at Re 1/- with high delivery charges.

If the link can be devised with atleast one of the two options it would be benificial for serious sellers who do not sell products at Re 1/- and collect delivery charges to compensate for the cost as well as Ebay where in commision for these transaction is peanuts.

1. The link may be with atleast 3 bids ( One of the links does promote this option but this option should be implemented for all one paisa promo links).

2. The link may be with item cost reaching atleast Rs 50/-

If either of the two options are implemented the 1 paisa auctions would really do well and the visibilty of products would increase.

Regards

Rist Computers
Message 10 of 10
latest reply