URGENT HELP - Understanding the Claim Process

manishstores
Community Member
Hello All,

I want to understand how does the claim process under EBAY GURANTEE works. A buyer had purchased my item now he is not confirming it and has opened a claim for item not as described. he is not answering my calls nor responding to my emails and ebay has sent me a note to resolve the issue within 48 hrs else they will pass the claim in buyers favour.

now my product and money both are gone with the buyer .
can anyone suggest if there is a way out for this situation because i think buyers are taking advantage of the EBAY GURANTEE program to execute unfaithful activities like this and ebay is more for buyers rather than sellers where will the seller go and complain
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Can you tell what was the item that you sold?

You can talk to the ebay team and show them photographs of missed calls and messages that you have sent to buyer and tell them that the buyer isnt responding and is not telling you what the problem is.

You can also tell the ebay team that you would refund the amount if the buyer ship back the product to you.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Manishstores

First off welcome to Ebay and also be ready to face a lot of headache while selling on ebay.

Understand one thing, ebay is not here to support sellers they are here for the buyers.

Now that the buyer has raised a claim, call the customer care support and ask them what has the buyer written in his claim and then give your reply.. they will update your response on the claim. Next if you are lucky then they will call the buyer and have him ship the product back to you or if the claims department is lazy enough then they will refund the buyer as well as pay you the same money under "Seller Protection"

Since the Ebay guarantee has started a lot of buyers are using this to buy free stuff. Now dont go and fight with ebay or the buyer cause then he will give you a negative feedback which you dont want.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply