Stay away from Ebay

After having dealt with ebay india for a few years now, my sincere suggestion is to keep away from Ebay for the following reasons.

1. Lousy or no systems
  2. Incompetent customer care
  3. Complete lack of customer focus

Here is my latest (hopefully the last ever) experience:

• I had purchased a mobile phone and applied a coupon on the purchase. The coupon was accepted but the full amount was charged to my credit card. Lousy systems!
  • I then had the nightmare to drill what happened into the heads of the so called customer care - involving many emails, tickets and phone calls. They simply closed the tickets saying there was a payment gateway error. They are too thick to understand and need repeated explanations and detailing, you know. And it is all your responsibility, mind you.
  • After a lot of haggling, finally they offered two coupons as compensation orally on phone. One of them worked and the other said it was an invalid coupon. So there starts another cycle of phones, calls, tickets, chat and so on. Don't forget customer care only gets thicker by the day.
  • One day one executive says the coupon is invalid and asks where I got it - so I should convince them of hte history and prove they indeed gave me the coupon. They have no clue or record of what resolutions they had made earlier.
  • Another guy says the systems have no record of my conversations - even of the earlier day - but miraculously manages to find them later on.
  • Another talks about a front end team, backend team, coupon team yada yada as if I am supposed go their offices and take the message from one to another. 
  • They promise to call back in 24-48 hours, 3-4 hours etc. but never call back, period.
  • Another guys says send screenshots of the error; since they can not check the coupon without it. So how did the first guy check and say it is an invalid coupon? - which one of the executives lied? And they have no systems that tell them about their own coupons issued?
  • And yes, they never have supervisors available to talk. They are too busy attending to other people's complaints.

All in all, ebay india seems to be managed by some wayward kids who just speak for fun and never not anything, on systems that don't work or have the ability to track conversations and issues. I have wasted many hours not for the paltry sum involved but hoping to get things straight, but have failed. I am going to post this state of affairs on as many review sites as possible, but this is friendly warning to the community - "keep away!"

I am very sure the so called customer disservice team gets together and giggles at the end of every call on how innovatively they made a fool of yet another customer!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Stay away from Ebay

I start with mouthshut, more to come. 

Here is the link: http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Ebay-in-review-qtrsunptsr

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Stay away from Ebay

Another interesting tidbit.

When the coupon was not being accepted with error that the coupon code is invalid, one executive asked to clear browser cookies and temp files - I guess he thought that would make the server accept an invali coupon, wow. Smiley Tongue

Then the interesting part - he said EBay site is supported only on Internet Explorer!

So all Linux users, bid your goodbye to Ebay now!!! Woman Embarassed

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Stay away from Ebay

BEST OF LUCK Cat LOL

Message 4 of 4
latest reply