cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replica Fake Tag Heuer , Cartier & Omega watches on eBay India

adit999
Community Member
Hello Dear eBayers,
I am a seller myself, used to be a powerseller, dealing in Apple Mac / iPod accessories & parts. I have recently started to sell off my personal belongings like my Tag Heuer F1, Cartier Tank, Omega De Ville fabulous watches and was getting no inquiries and those that I got were asking ridiculously low prices.
Was wondering how this could happen and I found out that there are tons of sellers selling replica watches at dirt prices. Thus my products are not being appreciated. I have reported the item numbers to eBay at least 5 times and still those sellers are listing joyously on eBay and eBay is allowing them to ???
I thought it is against their policy to ban fake & replica products.
Please advise.
Thanks & best regards,
Adit.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

thegenuinecollections
Community Member
Hi you are right and i have also seen those listings.Best part is some sellers clearly state they would not accept paisapay payments also.I am a watch seller and i sell branded watches.even i am getting verification challenges and restrictions.I do not know how ebay is allowing sellers selling fake things.ebay must take a note on it.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi adit999 and thegenuinecollections,

Please allow us to assure you that we do not tolerate fake / replica items being listed on eBay. We have a strong VeRO program in place to help us identify and take down replica items.

Since we are not the best judge to decide if the item is genuine or not, we partner with Right Owners who tell us if an item is fake and we take action against those items.

To reiterate, please be assured that as a matter of policy eBay does not allow replica items on site.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

thegenuinecollections
Community Member
Hi sapana ji thanks for your update.I believe ebay will take appropriate action soon:-)
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

adit999
Community Member
Hello & Thank you Sapana ji. Hoping eBay shall take preventive measures soon and look at the feedback from our end and point of view.
Best regards,
Adit999.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

adit999
Community Member
Dear Sapana ji ,
Just another thought that has come across to my mind. Even though eBay has a strong VeRO program to assist them in identifying replica's & fakes I still think it should be put to manual judgment. Reason is because by the time eBay figures out if the item was a replica or not, someone will have already bought it with his hard earned money and get a piece of crap worth nothing. Let the seller prove that his listing is authentic by providing a serial number, actual photos with his seller ID in the background.
I still see that the listing of a replica cartier tank francaise is still online and it is so obvious that this is a fake because he has even blacked out the cartier name on the watch.
I still see people selling fake Tag Heuer watches in multiple listings and people are bidding on them inspite of my numerous emails with listing numbers to eBay India.
I think eBay should employ people like me who have a keen eye for detail rather than some automated program which takes days or weeks to realize if a particular item is a fake or not.
Thanks & best regards,
Adit999.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi adit999,

Like I had mentioned earlier, eBay does not take any judgement on the authenticity of the products. If the Rights Owner thinks that the item in fake (complete manual judgement of Rights owner), then we take the item down.

Also, while we try our best to avoid buyers buying such items, in case buyer buys it before we remove it, we protect the buyer under the buyer protection program.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 7 of 7
latest reply