cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Please help me I am an innocent Seller, Ebay Policy has killed my business

ehypermall
Community Member
Dear Friends and Ebay,

I am really disgusted with the feedback changes and the policy changes which ebay has been implementing. I will like to bring this issue to your attention and seek your adivise.

1) Please see my feedback profile. I had a transaction "110241440941" with a repeat customer "ashu9596". The first time he purchased he left me a positive feedback and came back for more after a month. This time he purchased a mobile phone ZT321 from me. My bad luck that i was out of stock so i requested the buyer to either wait or since he was my return customer i offered him another mobile having more features and more cost at the cost of the mobile which he purchased. He was delighted and agreed to the new mobile.

2) Now after using the mobile he complained that he is not happy and that i have cheated him. So i asked him to return the product and take a complete refund. So far so good. Now the buyer didnt return the item and left me a negative feedback at the heat of the moment. By this time ebay had withdrawn mutual feedback removal.

3) Now i am left with a dissatisfied customer for no fault of mine, plus i have a negative feedback even though i am fully open to returning the entire money to the buyer and also offer discounts on purchase of my products. Its a win win situation for the buyer.

However now i dont know whether i should do it since the feedback will always remain. I read on some post that ebay will look at case to case basis. I request ebay to look in to this matter and help me remove the negative feedback and also suggest what should i do next. I need help desperately. His negative feedback has killed my business.

Thanks,
Ehypermall
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

esmartbazaar
Community Member
Shocking to see this , we are all in the same boat .

Just one Negative has brought his SNP ratio to 9% and that is enough for restrictions .
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

goadigital
Community Member
Its a sad thing eHypermall was victimized and decided to leave. Seemed to have a good record. I do hope something is done about this victimization of sellers. For those who already have high feedback, one or two negatives or neutrals won't matter much. But for someone starting out it can be disastrous.

I find the suggestions of brand.deal and princesswalkeshwar_in1 useful.

Soon no seller will have 100% ratings. And the few scum buyers who plague eBay shall have a field day. Sellers are suffering all over even in the UK where one buyer gave negatives to several sellers in a short time for no genuine reason.

Something has to be done about this. I don't think the eBay team in India can do much. But i hope they at least inform their bosses how discontent we sellers are. We need to find alternate methods to do our sales if eBay doesn't heed us.

Hope something positive is worked out soon.

Ricardo Ribeiro (goadigital)
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Hi,
This is disgraceful. This seller was ready to refund and go for MFW or FW. Ebay has not given the seller a chance. They unregistered seller who was ready to do anything. Now, my question is, how ebay is going to uphold its image? Both buyer and seller are dissatisfied.
My strong suggestion to ebay india is that please stop towing the line of ebay US. We did not participate in strike. Why are you vindictive towards us?
Ebay US wants to teach a lesson to sellers for participating in strike. But why Indian sellers should suffer? Why make a scapegoat of us?????
Kurbani ka bakra, thats what the sellers are today. Any moment you will be scrificed by slitting throat.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

ehypermall
Community Member
Friends,

With your suggestions and well wishes i guess ebay has reinstated my account finally after 12 days of suspension.

I want to ask ebay how will they compensate for the loss of image of this negative feedback, business loss for 12 days.

I thank all sellers who protested for me.

Thanks,
Ehypermall
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

buying_reeloaded
Community Member
I agree with all the sellers here.The new feedback changes have been ANTI-SELLER and buyers are taking undue advantage.Even we have received negative ratings from buyers who have taken refunds.
Its time Ebay rethinks this policy.....as it will affect sales on ebay.
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Hi,
I am happy to see ehypermall back.
Ebay should be able to distinguish between good and bad.
But this is good work.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

goadigital
Community Member
Welcome back Ehypermall,

We genuine sellers must support one another. Today it was you, tomorrow it could be any one of us. The policies were made to get rid of rogue sellers but who are affected most are the genuine ones.

Glad eBay took a good decision on this.

Best regards,

Ricardo Ribeiro
Message 17 of 17
latest reply