Pathetic customer Service

anurag266
Community Member
Hi All,

I must say that I have not seen such a non-professional and shameless customer service in my life.
I had bought an HTC stylus on July 29 which wasnt upto the expectation and I returned it back to the seller. The seller received it on August 6, 2010.
I was advised by the Ebay customer care to open a case in ebay court. So I opened up a case no 17302. It has been more than 1.5 months and NO ONE from the EBay team has called me to resolve the case.
I would have called minimum 15 times but still no one has bothered to even start working on the case id.
Everytime they promise that someone will call by end of the day but no one really does.

Looks like there is an executive names Rahul who was looking into my case. Another shameless guy. Despite escalations he has not bothered to call even once.

I escalated this to Pranay (supervisor) but turned out to be the same non-professional and shameless guy. I would have spoken to him 3 times and everytime he promised to call me back but NEVER DID.

I took formal complaint numbers from Ebay team 413925, 416925, 420561, raising escalation again and again but trust me there is no use of escalation in EBAY.

I would advice each and every one NOT to deal with EBAY. They have the WORST customer service in this entire world.

Internet shopping is a big challenge in India. Still lot of internet shops are struggling to find a strong customer base. With this kind of attitude I have serious doubts on their survival.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

anurag266
Community Member
Called today again to escalate. Requested Pranay's manager to call back.
Complaint no: 421466.
Was told someone will call me before 2 pm.
With the experience that I am having with these guys, I can bet no one will call 🙂

So total formal complaint nos
Sept 11: 413925: Escalation to speak to Pranay (supervisor)
Sept 16: 416925: Complaint that manager has still not called
Sept 21: 420561: Complaint that no one has acted on previous complaints.
Sept 22: 421466: Complaint that no one has acted on previous complaints.

Lets see how this list grows.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

duck---dodgers
Community Member
It's easy, all complaints go on a conveyor belt and gets fed into a furnace. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

thedarkrider
Community Member
I bought from ebay for the first time in october,and my god i really wished had hadn't..i would never again buy from here..such a sad and pathetic customer service..
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Dear Arnab,

Kindly share your concern so that we can assist you.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I totally agree communicating with Ebay India is a tough task.

other countries E commerce websites are strictly regulated.

My experiance with Ebay India is same pathetic customer care service it took 30 mnst to reach an executive.

when I explained my problem his answers were away from point and rude.

I am yet to get my product.

honestly i am scared now due to my experaince with thier customer care service.

I hope product is good and may this be my last contact with Ebay India

seemak@ebay.com wrote:
Dear Arnab,

seemak@ebay.com wrote:
Dear Arnab,

seemak@ebay.com wrote:
Dear Arnab,

Message 6 of 6
latest reply