cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other Payment Methods than Paisa Pay Are Blocked By eBay

Dear Sellers,

Today I have received one email from eBay. I am shocked after reading it. Below is mail text.....

"""""""
Dear Member,

In order to keep eBay Marketplace safe for our Buyer & Seller community,
we regularly review Buyers & Sellers activity on site. Your past selling
trend indicates that most Buyers who have purchased products listed on
eBay.in using a non PaisaPay payment method (i.e. Cheque, Demand draft ,
Cash on Delivery etc) do not end up paying you for their purchase. This
is resulting in your item ending sooner than they should have & also
results in you wasting your time & resources in filing a UPI against the
Buyer.

In order to help you grow your business on eBay.in, eBay has restricted
the payments methods which can be offered to your buyers. Henceforth you
will be able to only offer PaisaPay as payment method to your buyers.
You will not be able to list your item if you select any other payment
method in addition to PaisaPay. This restriction will be active for a
period of 45 days from the day it is placed on your account. Post the
time we will review and discuss with you for changes if required.

This will benefit your business on eBay.in in the following ways
•Your listing will not end prematurely due to purchases made by
frivolous buyers
•Only Buyers having the willingness to pay will be able to purchase the
products you have listed
•You need not waste your time & energies in filing UPI

Hope to see your business growing on eBay.in

Regards
eBay India
""""""""""

From one end they are saying report UP cases and after reporting it they are doing this thing. That means they not want to take actions against buyer. They want only sellers fault to take action. I think eBay is become like Sellers sarkar jo wo kahenge only that is true. Also that only seller has to follow if he want to sell. I hope the same email has sent to many sellers. 40% buyers wont have credit card to make there purchases and if eBay blocks other payments then I dont think so that buyer will visit eBay again. If I am wrong please let me know.

Regards
rhtdm.6624
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

i am also unable to relist my product due to other modes of payment...n
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

susmitasubrata
Community Member
i had purchased through biding through ebay for card reader and as i have only SBI Debit card there was no other alternate option for payment and now i dont know how to settle out , please inform be the best and easiest way to sort out the problem.
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

esmartbazaar
Community Member
We also did not receive any email but we are also restricted in using Paisapay only ??? i think all sellers are having this issue ....

This is a very strange Policy !!

Regards,
Nitin
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Hello,
I have also received exactly the same message.

My point is,

Many buyers who do not have credit card or online bank facility,such buyers pay through cheque, DD, money order and through ATM Drop Box method.

Many sellers are now forced to change the payment method only to PaisaPay.

Now buyers (Who do not have credit card or online banking facility) will not able to buy anything and that will be total loss for seller like me and also for eBay(as eBay will not get Final Value fees.)

Ebay must understand that Indian online market is still not so much develop that each and every buyer will have electronic means to pay, there are still many buyers who still pay through Offline Payment method like Cheque,DD etc.

Also maximum of the foreign buyers only know and prefer to pay through PayPal and they do not prefer PaisaPay.

Now since many sellers can only offer PaisaPay, we will loose business from foreign buyers who earlier used to buy and pay us through PayPal. So this will be again a total loss for sellers and eBay.

I have over 600 items for sell, revising each and every listing will be too much time consuming.

I request ebay to remove this restriction as it will only hamper the sales and will also result in loss to eBay (loss of final Value fess).

This is a very unfair step.

I request all eBay sellers to post their view on this issue.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree_Krishna_Gems

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Dear Sellers,

As I got same mail but as now I am able to list product with other payment method. Please try to list products now. I think issue is rectified now.

Please keep posting your experience. Thanks for all sellers for leaving valuable suggestions.

Regards
rhtdm.6624
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

Dear Sellers,

The same issue now came. eBay sent below email to me.

Hi All,

This is to inform you that from Monday (19th July) onwards your listings will not accept any offline mode of payments as a payment option. You will be able to offer only PaisaPay as a mode of payment in your listings. So you will have to remove/revise all offline mode of payments from your listings.

Buyers are not paying for the product. In those cases also its considered as sellers mistake.

I hope many sellers got same mail.

Please let me know is it right decision of eBay to block other payment methods?

Thanks
Vilas
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

wat the use
i get payment offline also but this is not the solution to one payment option
1st all ebay dont have much payment option to the buyer so seller provide buyer different option like demand draft or direct transfer to our account or cash deposit in our account
and if the buyer dont have any problem then y does ebay have problem

and now ebay is starting COD
if all payment expect paisapay is allow then COD wont be also allow

so wat the use to start COD on large basic

Regards
Reliable Enterprise
Mustafa
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Dear Mustafa

Actually COD also they are taking at there side. They not want to loose there some fake buyers. As we open UPI against non pay buyers. Due to which there account gets blocked. I think eBay thinks that may be this fake buyer will buy something from our site and we will get commission. That is the reason they don't want to loose buyers.

But I think its mistake of sellers. As some of us are selling product like a mobile at a margin on 25 to 50 Rs. I don't know why?? Also we are not here for competition. Why don't they understand. Here the same thing happening. IN the war of two sellers buyers are getting best prices and also gift vouchers and many more but sellers are getting negatives, neutrals and LOW DSR ratings.

Hope such sellers read this and understand what I means to say.

Regards
rhtdm.6624
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

There is a flaw in this email communication. They sent this email communication on 16th July (Friday) asking us to remove all offline payment modes by 19th July (Monday). They have given only 1 business day for updating all listings. I understand that it will not take very long to update listings with the New API tool or Turbo Lister.

But the question is we all probably have to update the individual item description as well. Most of us mention payment modes in item description as well. So if we don't update that as well then TNS will start taking down the listings.

Ideally speaking eBay should provide at least a 30 day lead time to implement such changes. I have about 1500 active listings, what about those who have much more than this.

Can any of the pinks step in & clarify this.

Regards
Manish
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Hi Manish

You are right eBay has to provide sufficient time for sellers. But my thinking is that why seller has to remove the other payment methods? This is not a solution for unpaid cases. If we keep paisa pay then also buyer will do checkout and then they will not pay. Same thing will also happen if we offer paisa pay. I think its not to reduce unpaid its all they are doing for 4.49% am I right?

Regards
rhtdm.6624
Message 20 of 22
latest reply