cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House with Sharat Digumarti (Trust & Safety) - 28 June (5-6 PM)

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members,

Please join Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety, in a discussion on the initiatives taken by eBay to provide a safe trading experience for our users. Many of our members have raised the topic of user verification. Sharat will be discussing with you the initiatives taken by the Trust & Safety team on this topic. Please post your suggestions on the topic of “Verifying users on eBay” by replying to this post. Sharat will discuss these during the Open House.

Host: Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety

Date: Wednesday, 28th June 2006

Time: 5.00 PM to 6.00 PM (IST)

We look forward to seeing you then!

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear venky57

I am sorry to hear about your transaction. Ebay offers buyer Purchase Protection and request you to lodge the complaints as in the event you need to be covered your complaint is lodged in the ebay system

Check the link to know the eligibity and steps to lodge the complaint
http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/isgw-buyer-protection-steps.html
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 21 of 31
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear mysalesoffer

Its is a concern some sellers have raised. From our understanding and research verification would not guarantee the completion of the transaction

To give better control to the seller we have enabled the functionality in the Buyer Requirement through which a seller can allow only verified buyer to bid on his items

The verification method we enabled for this is through SMS, meaning a buyer yet to be verified would be restricted and would be asked to verify through SMS

Request you to try this feature
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 22 of 31
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear baaniya_online

Please refer to my earlier post and in regards to charge buyer an amount for verification needs a strong evaluation. Most buyers may not prefer to pay for verification even though they may complete the transactions successfully
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 23 of 31
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear All

I am also evaluating an additional verification option and in the next 4-6 weeks will be able share more on this verification method

This new verification method should be able to strengthen the current system
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 24 of 31
latest reply

esmartonline
Community Member
Hello Sharat ,

just wanted to add on buyer verification issue , The buyer verification should be according to the item being sold , i.e. the seller should have the option of selecting sms buyer verification on a particular product/products he / she is selling , the seller should not be forced to select it for all of his listings . Earier when we tried using buyer verification , what we selected was applicable to all the listings .

Regards ,
Nitin
Message 25 of 31
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear cameras_n_such

I will gather complete information on the criteria and the process through which such a status is granted and will evaluate the same for India

As posted earlier I request you to try and use the SMS verification in Buyer Requirements.
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 26 of 31
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear esmartonline

The seller has the ability to use at a listing level. You can also use this functionality through the new Turbo Lister which has been released

We did the change from all listings to selective listings based on the feedback and suggestions
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 27 of 31
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Sharat,

I would like to ask you a couple of more questions.

1. Is ebay Team not well equipped to handle SNP.
Your team says something else and practises something else.Its just a year and a half since I joined ebay.
It seems that one cannot do business on a long term basis because Trust & Safety Team troubles a lot.
Sellers are harassed and finally unable to sort out things ....they quit ebay. I personally know a couple of members who got fed up and exited. What do you have to say on this ?

2. I have seen a trend were members are creating multiple ID's on a fort-nightly basis. So after some time when the feedback rating of their first ID drops to say about 95%, they dump their ID. They then start concetrating on the second one. They list on all their ID's and abuse the system for doing Multiple listings. They mis-use their ID's for Multiple Listings. They sell low value Items whereby the Buyer don't put in SNAD but satisfy themselves by giving negative rating. But the Seller is hardly concerned because he won't be issued a SNP warning. He keep on dumping the ID's and keep on creating new ID's. He is hardly concerned about his performance. Is it all legal and a best practice to survive on ebay ?

Hope my post is not that long and you give me a satisfactory reply.

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 28 of 31
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear rupesh.dinkar

We continuously try and build a safe platform. As it’s a platform we are trying to educate our user on safe trading

We strongly recommend buyers to pay sellers through PaisaPay for better protection which is currently upto an amount of Rs.50000/-
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 29 of 31
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear indconcepts

Thankyou for joining this session. As posted earlier, we will evaluate the implications of Multiple ID and its associated gaming and we shall share before enforcing any policy

As mentioned I am concentrating this discussion around user verification and we shall discuss other issues raised in a later session
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 30 of 31
latest reply