cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House with Sharat Digumarti (Trust & Safety) - 28 June (5-6 PM)

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members,

Please join Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety, in a discussion on the initiatives taken by eBay to provide a safe trading experience for our users. Many of our members have raised the topic of user verification. Sharat will be discussing with you the initiatives taken by the Trust & Safety team on this topic. Please post your suggestions on the topic of “Verifying users on eBay” by replying to this post. Sharat will discuss these during the Open House.

Host: Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety

Date: Wednesday, 28th June 2006

Time: 5.00 PM to 6.00 PM (IST)

We look forward to seeing you then!

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

msingh47blue
Community Member
Dear Mr. Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager Trust and Safety Team. Good Day!!

After looking at your good picture and reading the introduction in your capacity of Sr. Manager for Trust and Safety Team, felt quite encouraged to type down few lines of thoughts and querry related with problems faced in becoming successful online.

Trust you could come out soon with Blog "Aam Admi Ke Liye" which should be an approach to make the people really get moving fast forward with greater success to earn online with their exhibiting of positive contributing talents - so it could be a real E-Bay that shall make us fearless (A-Bay) to face the hard and challenging life in this universe.

Now for Aam Admi sure they will have to be encouraged to join online for FREE and really make Earning First and contributing (Paying) Later. How blessed and lucky will this/these Aam Admi feel when he or they are trusted to be allowed to make a success by earning online and they will only eager to paying out from such blessed earnings.

Honestly all business people and politicians alike have only exploited the Aam Admi and very little if not negligible has been done for this so called common man.

Now in personal case, still do not understand what to sell online, how to be able to get moving to that very first crucial step leading to the success of making profit or money online. So Mr. Sharat Digumarti, hope you can understand some head and tail for this querry and make some efforts and spare precious moments of your time to guide on the line to success from a scratch.

Thanking e-bay for their one call and to you in anticipation of your positive response.

Mohinder (msingh47blue)
Message 11 of 31
latest reply

venky57
Community Member
Dear Sharad Digumarti,

I bought a Sony MP3 player from a seller Rajib1978 from e-bay. Since I was to travel abroad on June 5, I asked the item to be delivered before that date. I had made payment on May 31 and was promised delivery in 3 days. However the item was delivered late after I left. I got it sent to me at some expense to myself. On receipt of the item I found that the MP3 player was of only 128Mb capacity though what was listed was 512Mb capacity (Item 9732841943). Moreover the LCD display was not working. When I raised the issue with the seller I was asked to send the item back for a replacement. Unfortunately I am out of the country and will be back only in the first week of July. I have asked the seller to wait for my come back and he has agreed. In the meanwhile I had recommended this purchase to my son who also bid and won the same item. In spite of making prompt payment, to this day he has not received the item. I also notice that in the meanwhile the seller who had a rating of 100% when we bid and purchased has dropped out of e-bay and his rating has also dropped to 75%. I am concerned about the money we had paid ( me and my son) and wonder whether we have lost it forever. What is e-bay doing to prevent fraudulent sellers and protect the genuine clientile? I hope you have some buyer protection schemes so that we do not end up losing our hard earned money.
Message 12 of 31
latest reply

royalecollection
Community Member
I had posted 3 items for sale:

End time: 27-Jun-2006 / 28-Jun-2006

Ref Item nos.: 7424486107, 7424626778, 140000342364

I has posted the above products for worldwide sale. After listing, I visited the websites of Canada, Ireland, USA, UK, Australia. I have again checked a few sites today. I dont see my product listed there.

Further, upon visiting the sites of other countries, the topics vary and you dont see any uniformity, thereby making it complex for any seller to sell their products. Besides, these come into the charged services and I have spoken to the customer service on (022) 3245.3294. They were helpless and requested me to email : training.india@ebay.com Having mailed, they havent replied me until now and my investment as well as the charges what ever charged by eBay will mount to my loss.

However, such instances will make eBay rich and the sellers on this site poorer by the day.

With less that 2 days (atmost) left, I am left helpless by eBay Team and dont know what to do.
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Thanks to all for posting in your thoughts on various topics related to eBay and areas related to Trust and Safety.

However, Sharat will be more focussed on discussing User Verification topics. This topic had been discussed by our community often and we will like to discuss the same in greater detail.

For other thoguhts raised by you, we will like to set up another time in July for more discussion.

Thanks for understanding!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 14 of 31
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

Welcome to today's Open house discussion with Sharat.

As mentioned earlier, the focus of today's discussion is 'User Verification'. Feel free to post your thoguths on the same.

Please welcome Sharat and lets get started.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 15 of 31
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello All

I am happy to answer the questions posted and would be spending the next 1 hours with you all
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 16 of 31
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear royalcollection

Please contact our Customer Service and they would be able to help. You can either contact them via email or through live chat

For Email click the link below

http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

Live Chat link is avaliable on various pages including the ebay home page
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 17 of 31
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Sharat,

How are you ?

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 18 of 31
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear skyshopindia

Thanks for some feedback and also raising some areas which needs further improvement. As we are trying to focus on the User Verification for this topic will address some of them

Current verification methods offered on India are

1.SMS
2.Credit Card
3.Postal Address

It is an interesting suggestion not to have more one ID’s having similar information. Such a policy also impacts Multiple ID’s of a single seller and we will investigate impact of this policy and seek the feedback before implementing such a policy
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 19 of 31
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear indconcepts

I agree, we need to strengthen the ability to catch users having multiple ids. As mentioned in my earlier post we will review the policy in restricting multiple ids
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 20 of 31
latest reply