Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager, 12 Jan, 4-5PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Message from Ambareesh...

Hi Everyone

This is Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager of eBay India and I’d like to invite you to an Open House discussion with me on Wednesday, 12th Jan 2011 from 4-5 PM IST.

At the outset I will like to thank all of you for your continued passionate support and in helping us reinforce eBay as India's most preferred online shopping destination. With your support we made tremendous strides in 2010 and continued to deliver on our promise of making lots of safe easy deals available to our buyers. A BIG thanks to our seller community for expanding the available range of products, providing compelling deals and delivering high levels of service to make buying enjoyable on eBay.

1. Our 360 degree marketing campaigns ensured that a lot more users bought for the first time on eBay. 2010 was packed with TV ads, coupons, social media engagement and several high profile charity auctions.

2. The Category Team’s efforts towards ensuring wide spread seller success yielded positive results. More entrepreneurs started successful eBay businesses and existing sellers benefited from increased sales.

3. To enhance our user experience and give buyers more ways to pay, we expanded PaisaPay payment options with more OBT banks, more EMI options and also introduced the PaisaPay COD option.

4. The launch of eBay Guarantee* made it easier, faster and convenient for buyers to resolve their concerns in the off chance that they had a problematic transaction, thereby increasing trust on eBay.

I recognize that there is still lots to be done to deliver a seamless marketplace experience for our buyers and sellers and in 2011 we will continue to provide lots more safe easy deals to buyers to ensure that even more online Indian's try out eBay.

Our community has always been our most vocal supporter and our strongest critic and I look forward to your suggestions for further improving our user experience and answer your eBay related questions during my Open House discussion.

You can post your questions in advance on this thread, or join me live on 12th Jan at 4 PM. See you on the 12th!

Regards
Ambareesh Murty
Country Manager – eBay India
Message 1 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

happy.shoppee
Community Member
A warm welcome to Mr.Ambareesh Murthy from Happy Shoppee & i can say from all of us here !!!!

- Sandeep
Happy Shoppee
Message 81 of 124
latest reply

ambareesh@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi TCC.IN & HIGHSKYINDIA

Happy to hear that your respective issues have been resolved.

Regards...Ambareesh

Regards...Ambareesh
Message 82 of 124
latest reply

ambareesh@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi HAPPY.SHOPPEE

Thanks a lot, its great to be on the boards again.

Regards...Ambareesh

Regards...Ambareesh
Message 83 of 124
latest reply

Sir, A lot of questions have been addressed to you already, please give your views on the same sir.
RajElectroniks
Message 84 of 124
latest reply

aksons
Community Member
Welcome ! Mr. Murthy, A very happy 2011 to you and your eBay India team.
Message 85 of 124
latest reply

happy.shoppee
Community Member
Would like to address certain buyer & seller related concerns -

1) Paisapay fees & listing fees with features overall increases the product price many a times more than the retail prices

2) If ebay itself had a solution for shipping & deivery like courier tieup of ebay with say Blue Dart to sellers or powersellers so that most/may shipping issues , delivery issues will be wel taen care of , will also result in lower shipping charges n ultimately lower product price , if not then an option to seller in listing to include all pindoes in a file where picodes are listed out by seller for buyer to check purchase

3) Overall buying experience is reviewed on ebay for buyers but what steps how many times & changes have been done for selling expereience on ebay

More points will include again
Message 86 of 124
latest reply

bberry.stores
Community Member
HELLO SIR

I HAVE A VERY BIG PROBLEM WITH EBAY FEES REFUND SYSTEM. WE HAVE TO MAIL AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR GETTING 1% EBAY FEES REFUND FOR REFUNDED TRANSACTIONS. ITS JANUARY AND I HAVENT GOT EBAY FEES REFUND FOR TRANSACTIONS REFUNDED IN OCTOBER. I HAVE MAILED THRICE IN LAST 1 AND HALF MONTH. BUT NOT DONE YET. HOW DO WE KEEP SO MUCH RECORDS AND KEEP MAILING AGAIN N AGAIN FOR THIS??? PLZ DO SOMETHING REGARDING THIS. IT SHD BE DONE FROM EBAY THEIRSELVES.
Message 87 of 124
latest reply

happy.shoppee
Community Member
1) On site interactive tutorials for buyer for bidding ( winning bid specifically ) , buying , changing shipping address before making purchase

I have stopped using auction format cos many buyers did not pay in auctiion format ,we cannot compel buyer to pay n buy but ebay can have some restrictions on buyers account so that they know its value & treat it with seriousness next time & not just bid for fun.
Message 88 of 124
latest reply

rahul_7777
Community Member
welcome murty sir wish you a great year 2011 i hope you will reply to all the members who have posted here Thanks
Message 89 of 124
latest reply

bberry.stores
Community Member
PLZ REDUCE THE OVERALL FEES FOR MOBILE CATOGORIES COZ PRICES GET VERY HIGH IN GENERAL LISTINGS AND THEN ALL D SALES GETS LIMITED TO DEAL OF D WEEKS...ITS 5.53% AND 7.16% FOR EMI INCLUDING TAXES. EEVEN IF IT GETS REDUCED TO 5% FLAT INCLUDIN TAXES FOR GENERAL AND EMI BOTH TRANSACTIONS. ITS GONNA HELP A LOT IMPOVING SALES ON EBAY IN GENERAL LISTINGS.
Message 90 of 124
latest reply