Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

On high shipping Charges! EBAY DOES it AGAIN

srjsms
Community Member
***Update on High Shipping Charges***

14 April, 2006 | 12:30 PM IST

Dear Members,

Many of you have expressed your concern regarding high shipping charges being levied by some sellers.

We believe high shipping charges mars the buyer experience. This results in significant Unpaid Items and loss of sales & goodwill among sellers. High shipping charges also exposes sellers to violation of the fee circumvention policy.

Now With regards to this, ebay has given a shipping rate Caluclator:on this link - http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/listing-shipping.html
and has given the link www.Indiapost.org which isnt the India Post Site!

the CoRrect Site is : http://indiapost.gov.in/

Transportation
Want to work out how much it will be to ship your item? Try out the India Post Shipping Assessment Calculator .

I beg to differ with this., since India Post charges the Least. a regd Parcel Below 250 grams would cost rs. 40/- whereas Thru GATI it is Rs. 100/-

10 Kgs of consignment would Cost Thru Indiapost Rs. 220/- On GATI it is 485/- and Blue dart is 645/-

SpeedPost - Upto 250 grams and 500 Kilometers is rs. 60/- On GATI it is 145/- and On Blue Dart (air cargo) it is 400/-

so to determine whether the shipping charges are reasonable or Not, India Post Charges should not be Considered as a Yardstick. either Blue dart / GATI Charges Should be also Considered
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

I think the link for Indiapost must be rectified fast. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi srjsms,

I agree with you with this matter. We can't send products via Register posts though its cheap, it gets delayed delivery.

Also Electronic Goods are not allowed in Indian Post and we are forcly go to couriers who ship them and they have the different prices depending upon the courier company.

I have tied up with DTDC Couriers and I do charge buyers exactly what they charge me.

So eBay check out the prices of the branded courier companies like BlueDart. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi srjsms,

Thanks for letting us know about the error in website address, we will make the requisite correction.

Also, just to clarify, the shipping charges are not based solely on India Post shipping charges. We have considered various other courier companies while creating the yardstick.

We shall not be able to share the yardstick with our community, for obvious reasons. However rest assured, while making any decision, we will keep the best interest of genuine sellers in mind.

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

ufo_big
Community Member
In my view eBay should arrange a rate contract with a reputed courier for shipment rate (both for India and other countries). eBay can arrange a much cheaper shipping rate (due to the high volume) than sellers going to couriers individually. Also in case any shipment runs into problem, the weight of eBay on the courier will compell them to act.

eBay must help the seller community in this regard
Message 5 of 5
latest reply