cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Negative feedback for nondelivery of item even after returning buyers money

Dear Community members,
I put this query to Sapana and Kashyap of eBay, and I am not convinced by their answer,hence I have come to all of you, especially the seller community for your comments on my query. I am a seller of books ( long tail books costing around Rs. 100/- to 300/-) of a publisher. I had listed almost 240 books of his. But since his collection is large and his operations too is very large, it is difficult for him to give priority to retail customers, as in eBay whose customers are retail. so if i get an order on eBay for my book, I go to my publisher, and if he has it, I can buy it and ship it to my buyer, but sometimes he does not have it. In that case, I am promising to return the money of my buyer, since anyway my buyer pays by paisa pay and if i do not enter courier details, then automatically after 7 days the money is returned to the buyer. This is absolutely fair, but my issue is that the buyer should not be given an opportunity to give negative feedback if his money is returned, since the control of publisher having stock of book is not in my hand. Incidently till today I have 100% positive feedback and I have earned it through sheer hardwork and even facing loss of money sometimes. But I feel that it is not fair on me to receive negative feedback, incase I have communicated to eBay and buyer and informed them that I cannot deliver the book, and so eBay should return buyers money. Sapana and Kashyap say that it is eBay policy and they cannot stop a buyer giving me negative feedback, but I do not agree to receive a negative feedback for this typical case mentioned above. Request your comments on this topic. Thanking you all in advance.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Negative feedback for nondelivery of item even after returning buyers money

sp4537
Community Member
same thing happened with me.we cant do anything.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply