Need to Educate the New Bidders

srjsms
Community Member
hi...

this is my Humble appeal to ebay. Please educate the New Bidders so that they complete the Sale.

i say this coz, yesterday one new bidder won an IPOD nano on Auction. He sent a mail sayin that he would pay only 5500 instead of 6800 ( final Sale Closing amount). he then said he didnt have money and that he would deposit the cash after 10 days. now this is really irritating. to make matters worse, i had enabled the block buyers who hadnt gone thru the SMS verification, and he had verified himself.

there are several other Bidders, who bid just for fun and dont pay up. One bidder from the past 20 days is saying that he will send a DD / Money order. i filed for FVF. There have been 3-4 Bidders whoz Address / Mobile Numbers are wrong, and it apepars that they have bid Just for fun

if u see my sales i have sold about 30 items in the past 2 months. completed Sales were just 8. All Others were either time Wasters or frauds.

Ebay Needs to Make these bidders Actually pay up for items they bid on and prevent misuse of the sistem.

Maybe at the time of confirmation of bid, it should flash and make the Buyer / Bidder agree to the user Agreement on Bidding - That is "

Non-payment
Buyers are not permitted to win items at auction or buy an item in a Buy It Now listing without paying, thus blocking legitimate buyers and disappointing sellers. To understand the penalties, please see our Non-Paying Buyer Policy.

Bidding and Buying

All bids (under the Auction format) and all purchases (under the Buy It Now format) on the Site are a firm commitment to purchase. If you are the purchaser/highest bidder for any item and your purchase/ bid is accepted by the seller ("Winning buyer"), you are obligated to complete the transaction with the seller.

An action to purchase or bids may be increased in price or volume later but may not be withdrawn. Purchases/Bids cannot be canceled. By purchasing/bidding on an item you agree to be bound by the conditions of sale included in the item's description (or linked to from the description) so long as those conditions of sale are not in violation of the User Agreement or unlawful. In case of consumer goods, sellers on the Site may or may not specify the retail prices of the items being sold. You are advised to independently verify the retail prices of such items if you so desire.

eBay strongly advises you not to test the site with false bids/purchases, as it will put you at substantial personal legal risk. It is a crime to use a false name, other false personal information or a known invalid Credit Card to bid. Willfully entering erroneous or fictitious bids may result in prosecution by eBay.

As a Winning buyer you must contact the seller within 72 hours of auction closing successfully.

In the event of Dual Winning Buyers displayed online for a Single Auction, the User who has received the Winning Email will be the rightful Winning buyer and beyond that there is no liability.

Please be aware that even if you do not give eBay your real name, your Web browser transmits a unique address to us, which can be used by law enforcement officials to identify you.

The Matter Posted above in ITALICS Should be Sent to Every Bidder after clsoe of Auction to encourage them to Complete the sale. a completed sale means More revenue to Ebay as well as benefits the sellers. this way Both are Happy.. as it stands now... every Unpaid item Dispute is a Time waste and loss of revenue for ebay.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

I think we have lost our moral values to some extent. We read in history about the self-esteem of Indians, about keeping promises in the most difficult scenario but act so differently in life. We need to love our heritage and be proud of upholding our age old practices. Rather than embracing the few negatives of the Western societies, we should strive more to implement their positives for which they have excelled. Like the ancient Indians, most of those in West put value to their words. People should at least follow that, if they are ashamed of upholding the old Indian practices terming it as "traditional".

eBay has a lot of scope to increase the seriousness of its members but more than that, as Indians we ourselves need to give more value to our words and promises otherwise no set of rules can be sufficient.

I know its of no value to write all these ...... I sometimes get emotional and waste time :-x .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

touch_and_shine
Community Member

Hi!!! I agree with
you guys totally

http://search.ebay.in/_W0QQsassZtouchQ5fandQ5fshine

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

techchase
Community Member
Ya the buyers need to understand tht they shouldnt bid just for fun.

I have had bidders who have bidded for more than 50 items on ebay at a time.

However when i reported such buyers they were immediately supended.

Many buyers with 100% postiive feedback score of over 10 have been suspended for not fullfilling the bids placed.

This is good measure by ebay. Will appreciate more refinement.

Regards
Message 4 of 4
latest reply