Introducing Free Shipping

Dear members,

We value your feedback. Please post your queries/suggestions/feedback regarding this here.

Regards,

Team eBay India.

Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: Introducing Free Shipping

understood that this is good change for ebay. for item have lower MRP i.e. 120 - 150 Rs and margin is 15% from dealer or manufacturer, how would we do free shipping ? 

if we add shipping in total price , buyer leave negative feedback or claim for sure. 
Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 41 of 95
latest reply

This move would not make sense for low value items. The minimum we pay for PowerShip is Rs. 62. We sell LED bulbs as low as Rs. 375. A lot of our orders, customers purchase only Qty. 1-Qty. 2 bulbs as required by them.

We therefore charge a flat charge of Rs. 62 shipping whether someone purchases Qty. 1 bulb or Qty. 10 as we cannot afford to provide free shipping on purchases of Qty. 1 purchases that are priced at Rs. 375, Rs. 599, Rs. 699 etc.

Per this new rule, if we are to infuse shipping charge in item price, customer would be forced to pay Rs. 375+Rs. 62 for every quantity which becomes very expensive. He will go elsewhere. We also face the risk of negative feedback as customer may feel he has been overcharged.

Message 42 of 95
latest reply

Please give category wise list for free shipping products.

Message 43 of 95
latest reply

many of products have mrp less than 50/-

How can we add shipping charges to it.

Than it is above mrp.It against laws.

So,please consider it.thanks.

Message 44 of 95
latest reply

I appreciate this move by Ebay. I want to suggest that you should also remove free local shipping from your entire website. Because free local shipping confuse buyers that product is at free shipping but in reality it is not. At checkout national shipping will applied to the product.

Message 45 of 95
latest reply

Superb, thats really be more easy for us to understand and work. Keep going. You guys are going great.

Message 46 of 95
latest reply

@bestdeals.kart wrote:

I appreciate this move by Ebay. I want to suggest that you should also remove free local shipping from your entire website. Because free local shipping confuse buyers that product is at free shipping but in reality it is not. At checkout national shipping will applied to the product.

It was a bug in their system. Now they are removing this whole system all together instead of correcting that bug. 

Message 47 of 95
latest reply

We appreciate this step ,for fair presentation of total cost to buyer for a particular product,

But must make a provision for bulk buying , where buyer places bulk order and can save shipping charges,

if single order is placed for the same.

Find a way to encourage buyer ,place more numbers of products in single order.

Message 48 of 95
latest reply

i totally agree with muraliphila. we have to stop listing small ticket items at stamps and coins category, since it will not do any good for buyers and sellers. only the ebay will enjoy the commission.
Message 49 of 95
latest reply

Hi,

Giving free shipping in all products of our category will lead to lots of problem to us

For cheaper products with MRP less than Rs.399/- it does not make sense for us to sell with free shipping as we do not work on such huge margins, where we can give free shipping. Industry norms for margins for dealers are from 25-35% and in that if we give free shipping + eBay charges and taxes, we come out at a loss.

Alternatively, we cannot even sell products at above MRP prices in any case as these MRPs are printed on product boxes, so the only way is to stop selling those products if we are not allowed to collect shipping charges. If this policy is enforced, probably we will have to stop selling around 350-400 SKU of ours.

This step is going to make a business loss to us as well as eBay, as for branded products, MRPs need to be maintained stricty

Message 50 of 95
latest reply