I am a S.C.A.R.E.D Seller

As every other seller on ebay, I am also a scared seller these days.
I am scared of leaving a negative feedback to a non paying buyer because he will also do the same and spoil my image.
Interesting thing is that the buyer who never paid for the item and never received the item still has the power to leave a feedback and comment on a seller's item and his communication, shipping and handling etc. which he never experienced.
I am scared of buyers who demand things and services which are clearly mentioned as not available in the listing; like COD.
If I give COD facility I may loose money if the buyer rejects the delivery.
If I stick to my policy the buyer can safely leave me a negative feedback and all I can do is scream, shout and bang my head on the wall, but I can't remove his/her comments of feedback which are permanently added to my profile.

Customer is the king; literally on ebay.
He can buy and not pay. Still he can comment on you, your item and your service.

I have even noticed some sellers using this loophole to spoil fellow sellers feedback score.

It is as simple as this. I register with a new id on ebay. Buy a thing from my competitor, never pay for it.
When he files a upi, just respond saying sorry your terms are not acceptable, the seller closes the dispute, get fvf granted and the next day I leave him a negative feedback saying seller was not good. Even if the seller reciprocates, and leaves a negative feedback, I move on and register a new id with ebay. And I can play again.

Feedback is important for sellers but not for buyers and no established seller on ebay can dare to leave a negative feedback for a customer because of fear of getting a negative in return.
A buyer can anytime come up with a new ebay id but seller if chooses to do so has to part with all the hard work he put to make a respectable feedback score.

So many sellers gave excellent ideas and solutions for this so many times to ebay team but....

Hoping for a change to happen, I prefer to stay scarred till then from my non paying buyers.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

thepyrotechnician
Community Member
Hi! My name is Claudio from Buenos Aires, the same thing happens here in Argentina We use www.mercadolibre.com.ar powered by ebay Always a new(0) can spoil your reputation by lying.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Dear Juspreet,

Don't worry about a negative feedback if you are prompt. If you have any doubt on any seller doing this with new ids to spoil other's reputation, then you can report them to eBay. They will investigate and take the action.

Don't leave negative feedbacks to buyers. Leave only neutral. This will help you a lot. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Hi Navneeth,
Juspreet got only one -ve so far.He got that because he gave upi strike to another experienced seller who knows how to do it.
I think,Juspreet also can do the same thing to that person if he feels like.
To avoid such things,he should not give upi strike to each and every non paying buyer.He should keep a close watch on dispute console.As soon as somebody responds,he should close the dispute.Otherwise,just for fvf of small amount,he will buy a cartload of headache.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Dear Fellow Sellers,
The point is
Should non paying buyers be allowed to leave a feedback?
The person who did not complete the dead; does he have the authority to judge a seller and leave a feedback?
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Dear Juspreet,
I agree with you.There is probably a grey area.But you definitely have a strong point.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

e-junkie76
Community Member
Hi guys,
I don't much come to eBay blogs or discussion boards,but with the gun eBay now hold at sellers who are more than a year old had made me rethink about selling here.
Yes Juspreet I agree 100% with you,but if you see my feedback left for other you will disagree with being left with a scar on your profile.
Just Remember one thing .. When ever there is a new id created on eBay for bidding on your products which you think is from the competior just cancel his/her bids.
still if he comes back block him .. and if he still is able to get away with all this and buys your product .. be bold enuf and leave him a negative stating for non payment and non responding to dispute.
Just be strict with the new ID and dont let him/her get away without paying you.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Dear e-junkie76

This is a strange solution !!
How could anyone judge that a particular user id is fake or something and block him/her or cancel the bids ??

Awaiting your reply

Cheers
Meenu

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

supersonic_india
Community Member
Completely agree with you jaspreet. When the buyer did not pay how can he say you are a bad seller. THIS IS A BIG LOOP AND SHOULD BE CORRECTED.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

productivesellerbuyer
Community Member
The solution as already suggested seems straightforward.

A buyer, who did not pay should not be allowed to leave a negative feedback on seller.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply