cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent the sellers from listing banned items?

skyshopindia
Community Member
Answer is report thru "Contact Us" link.
But is it possible to report by mentioning item id separately for thousands of items

What Trust & Safety team says on this issue?

It is very easy to find the listings by using keywords like
"Security Camera"
"Magnetic Hair Brush"
"Ab slimmer"
"Butterfly massager"
"Magnetic vibration"
etc.

All items with such keywords are generally banned in eBay.

Yet these are listed again and again as Trust and Safety teams are waiting for the members to report item id and will think to take action when it relisted with changed id.

Request to Trust & Safety Team, please spend max 10 minutes to locate such banned items and take the necessary action, instead of waiting for members to report thru "Contact Us" link - a critical way to report for the same.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

cellphonewala
Community Member
I have reporting products with carry brands names like "Sony", Panasonic, etc. which are obviously fake products.

However, these keep being relisted again and again. Maybe selling fake products is a non issue for the T & S team.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

thethirdi
Community Member
I agree with Skyshopindia.

Most of the supposedly "prohibited" items are being sold at large on the site.

Unless we report these, ebay turns a blind eye ! Even eBay can search, cant they ? If they want to take our help, we can give them a list of banned keywords to make their task easier.

But eBay doesnt have the time. They are so busy suspending super-sellers and checking them. They hardly have a moment to search the listings of those sellers who are actually tarnishing the market-place -- either by listing prohibited items, or by multiple listings, or by over-charging delivery.

Regards
Abhishek

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

a4akshay
Community Member
eBay India may want to consider setting up a Report this item link on each listing page like eBay.com.au. I don't expect eBay to check each and every item but they can make the reporting process easier. - Akshay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply