Fraud By Ebay billing department

newincity
Community Member
I would like to bring to notice how ebay cheats its sellers with impunity and tries to get away with it.

I had a seller account with ebay was alos conferred a powerseller status had about 3000 positive feedbacks and feedback percentage was 98% (this is to give a brief history about my account) I was selling products on ebay for about a year.

Ebay put my account on hold (thereby disallowing me from selling or listing any items on ebay) for seller non performance and removed 250 of my listings on 9/5/2012 but by some malfide intention they did not cancel my featured shop subscription (for which ebay charges me 1999/- plus 12.36% service tax).

I tried to unsubscribe from the shop subscription but the ebay system prevented me from doing so since I had a couple of cases filed by a few of my buyers which were unresolved.

Now at the start of july ebay ebay sends me a message that your account has been suspended because you have not paid your seller fees. When I checked my ebay invoice I found that ebay has charged my featured shop fees for 3 months (they charge 1 month advance) I was surprised to see the same and called ebay customer care to clear the same with them , There I was told that the problem was with billing department ( who conveniently dont have access to phones for incoming cslls) and they will arrange for a call back. Till dete no call back from them , then today I again call up customer care and I get a reply that you should have unsubscribe from the shop when your account was put on hold.

When I asked that CS exec that when ebay had put my account on hold why they had not put my shop subscription also on hold for which his reply was that is supposed to be done from my end , when I told him that I had tried to do the same on the 9th of may 2012 but I had got an error message he asks me weather I have a screenshot of the error message.????

So basically ebay has a policy where they want to disallow me from selling on their website but they still want to charge me for their shop subscription. This amounts to fraud by Ebay and will definately result in a lot of bad reviews on all possible forums in India from my side besides not definately paying their Invoice amount.

I have not mentioned my seller account name because that would result in this post being deleted by ebay for whatsoever silly policy reason ( They definately have a lot of those)
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you have worked in a corporate office, you'll know that the best way to shock-proof yourself from getting blown by your fellows, is DOCUMENTATION!

Hence be smart! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

newincity
Community Member
why is proof required when the message is displayed by ebay internal system only ?

Also the whole point is about ebay charging sellers for services that they themselves blocked the seller from using. Sounds stupid....
Message 3 of 3
latest reply