cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flawed Implementation of Vat .. Pls remove VAT

jjmehta_india
Community Member
Hello ebay team members,
The way VAT is being charged by some ebay sellers, proves that ebay implemenation of Vat is flawed.

Vat was implemented to assist the seller to charge vat on product due to different vat rates across the states . For eg. In cameras maharashtra has 4percent vat and gujrat has 12.5percent vat for same product.

Problem is Ebay sellers are using VAT to reduce the basic price of their product and then charge the customer 12.5percent extra regardless of which state he is from. In my point of view this is a unfair business practice and ebay is not setting a good example to buyers on its site.

Further, in camera and IT products , companies set pricing in such a way that they adjust to the different VAT structures across the states . Eg, my dealer price for canon a470 will come to 5900 and even a dealer in other states will have same dealer price even if vat rate are different .

I request the ebay team to look into this matter seriously and consider removing VAT altogether

for jjmehta_india
kartik
For jjmehta_india
Kartik Mehta
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Dear ebay jjmehta_india is Absolutely right. Please remove VAT with immediate effects
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello,

ebaY has promised removal of the VAT functionality many months back however ebaY's implementation of its promises is at a slower speed than that of a snail.

ebaY it does not take 6 months for such a small change.

DO IT ASAP.

---------

Devesh
Message 3 of 3
latest reply