cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ebay 's KYC - KILL YOUR CUSTOMER POLICY ' - Sellers Read this ..!!

manjeet_sahni
Community Member
Hello Ebayers ,
I guess most of you all are aware of the KYC policy on Ebay india , to those new - its like once u start selling the goods online and your paisa pay remittance exceeds the 50K , u got to send your id proof to them to verify their customer , fair enough , no issues

Now on 18/6/09 my account was put on hold and my remittance to my bank account was blocked as they required documents , fine , i sent them the documents on 18/6/09 to the KYC email address and i called the helpline and Mr.Rahul said they would have it worked on it till 48 hours and call u back . Fair enough , i waited
( I sent my Driving license and Pan card as per Ebay rules )

48 hours have passed by no calls from them nor any email , i waited more 48 hours , still nothing , i still waited and 7 days pass by and still nothing , i guess Mr. Rahuls 48 hours are still not done . After 7 days i decide to chat online to a agent , Amrita M , chat starts at 11:30AM and gets over at 1:30PM , she ends up keeping me hold most of the time and with no knowledge of how to chat about the problem and is only only and only sorry , she wanted to disconnect but cant so she ask me my number and miss Sini calls up who is a Paisa pay or KYC executive i think who requests me to disconnect from the chat ( as miss Amrita M has nothing to say i guess ) I HAVE ALL RECORDED CONVERSATIONS of the chat with Amrita where she says my account was not removed from hold as because of the name of the bank Holder is " Puneet Pall Singh " and the ID says " Puneet Pal Singh " then she admits its not a problem its verified , but your registered name says Puneet P Singh , ( when u register newly in ebay india they ask u first name , MI , then last name , I wrote on MI the letter P ( as u cant type more than one letter in it ) , then she tells me as these ids cannot be accepted please send us something more now for verification ( i guess i am leaving to Mars ) i told her aint u people suppose to inform me about it ? or kept me waiting 7 days for it ? Again the same lines .... We are sorry sir for the inconvinence caused to you , i understand and respect your thoughts , if i was you i too would be in the same condition , and on and on and on ..!!But they are not truly sorry its their job and they have memorised these lines , then Miss Sini tells me please send me your Passport for verification , ya i have one , fine will do so with my voters card id as well for safety i thought and send them .. and Miss Sini got it and told me she would call me by 5 PM and tell the status , as usual no call from her , and i called at 6 , cant remember the name of the employee whome i spoke to ( but i have all phone call conversations recorded as well ) he says Miss Sini will call u by 7 sir , i said u close by 7:30 will she call ? sure sir she would , i trusted him , ya i know i was failed again , she dint call , next day i called up again waited on phone for 20 mins and she came on , again .. .very very very sorry .., guess they are the most busy people and we sellers are the most free people to call them then wait 20 20 mins , anyway , then she tells me sir u may have to get a letter from the bank as well with the ICICI bank letter head with the managers sign saying its your account only . After so much now i end up here , then she tells me i will tell u when i need the letter as KYC team is still working on your IDS , i wondered even if i was James bond 007 the license to kill ID would also not be enough for the KYC team , they must rename it to FBI . Miss Sini tells me i will call u in 48 hours , and update me for sure this time , and i believed her , not a call .

i call up on 25th Mr.Rahul s now on phone says Miss Sini is not there after keeping me hold for 18Mins , Mr.Rahul is also sorry , Rahul says i see you have sent us your driving license , Pan card , Voters ID , Passport . Sir do u have any other id too so that i can forward that for a fast verification ? U tell me ebayers u got anything more than that ? I told him i will take a flight and come to ebay india now , how s that ?? my fathers name is also there want him also i will bring him . No answer from Mr.Rahul , as usual very sorry , they do work less say sorry more . Tells me Miss Sini will call you on Monday for sure sir .

Monday 29th June is gone today no call either . I sold an item and my money is till now on hold there , the customer was ready to pay me with online transfer as well , i could have told him but still i said no issues send paisa pay , i hit the hammer on my own leg , ebay gets business from it and we get ******* anyway

I have all phone and chat recording with me , i am least bothered now if i get my money or no . Employees like Amrita M , Miss Sini , and Mr.Rahul are not fit to work there , for most of them its just a job , ain't bothered what the customer goes through , remember your job gets paid because of we sellers , they dont care for us , i curse them they are thrown out .

I am still a USA ebayer from bradenton , FL , USA since 1999 , those guys there atleast do their job well as far as possible Paypal is concerned , even if the issue is not solved they follow up , give you attention .

The funny part is they say they are sorry and very upset , but do u think they really are ? its just a made up word for them , they can wear a suit a tie and have a job and just follow this but ain't serious about it .

Is this the way you want to " Know your Customer " ????
Please change this line and stop making a fool out of other people .

I have decided to work on these points :

1. Send all phone conversation audio recordings and chat conversations to my known sources i know like magazines and online web sites where people can see the true picture of how honest ebay employees are to their ebay sellers . From the date 18/6 to 29/6 or further more i have suffered , employees whome i had a chat with or people responsible for not doing their job will have to suffer someway , i have time to work 1 hour daily for it to happen
2. Will write one letter daily to Ebay top upper Authorities ( may be the same letter ) with the names i know of ebay employees who have made me a fool from time to time , never to keep a word but just 48 hours of fake promises . Atleast some day i would get a reply ?
3. Why does not ebay india keep the KYC system @ the start of selling ? why the 50k limit ? bcoz first they give the seller the taste of it , he sells and he s happy , then they show him their true colors when his account goes on hold , money blocked , and he breaks his head day night on phone calls , mails , chats , scans IDS , or writing here at a forum at 1.10 AM at night , we are slaves to you isn't it ? Good Job Ebay India .

I dont want to sell anything anymore here , its sad that we sell and from our profits we get charged at all places like paying for listings , paisa pay fees , Final value fees , i list my items all at featured plus and give business to ebay india , but no respect for the seller . Good job Ebay India .

I swear i wont sit idle , even if i have to take a banner and take a procession on the road i will do so , atleast from a 100 people 10 will listen to me and wont step where i stepped up ? i know it wont effect ebay india today or the coming 2 months also , even if i loose , daily 1 hour of my work against ebay india will show some colors some day , i have the time .

Sorry ebayers for such a long and crazy topic , i know u must have all got bored out a it , the most upsetting thing was my wife was leaving to delhi and its been just a while we are married and i wanted to buy her the latest phone i had seen for her , with all this crap i totally forgot about it from my office when i was waiting for phone calls from ebay as i wanted to list some more items but i could not due to the money stuck and with all the frustration i forgot the phone and my wife was leaving to delhi the same night and it was a surprise and the shop closed , she dint feel bad but i was like , damm u ebay ..!! i dint sleep the whole night , i know it sounds kinda crazy but its for those crazy upsetting people with fake promises and nonsense talks .

I sent them 4 IDS , Driving License , Pan , Passport , Voters card , 10+ days have passed , what do u think they are doing ? Anyway some may crib and leave i cant .

Thanks again ebay and i am not against those who do their job loyally , i know there are and must be some ebay employees who know their job , but with whome so ever i came across they are not even fit to be watchmen for ebay india . Sorry but that's the truth . I am hurt i will do the initiative .
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

mobilesstores
Community Member
When a person can write such a big email, it depicts the agony suffered by him. I hope Ebay does something to keep him happy and improve their service.

Thanks,
Mobilesstores
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

keville-gifts
Community Member
hi, i understand too. I have also faced similar kind of a problem, wherein i've submitted specific documents thrice.

My account was suspended on basis of "Fake contact details".. I was absolutely disappointed and took it up on a war footing basis with ebay as this was absolutely untrue. When I spoke with them, they didnot know the reason why the account was suspended, they said fake contact details, whereas the number given were absolutely correct and infact these numbers were used by buyers to contact me..Fortunately for me my case was resolved, I had to rigorously follow up every single day for one and half month. sometimes, i would call even 4 times. My emails would be answered by ten different people and every time i would have explain the case all over.. it was an horrendous experience.

being an ebayer, I love this place its an absolute pleasure to transact here. However, ebay requires to train their staff to handle these kind of sensitive cases efficiently. I have noticed myself that most of the times executives themselves are ignorant of some information.

With all due respect to ebay, I personally would suggest that all your executives undergo rigorous training, wherein ebayers then neednot run around asking and seeking information and be kept on hold. Ebay is a place where some people earn a living, some people make a name for themselves, it takes years to build a reputation and hardly just a small mistake to tarnish it and all this could just be one small little mis-information or rather lack of timely help. some people are left in lurch not knowing what to do merely because of lack of information and in the process lose time. I am sayin this with my personal experience, I have lost one and half months right from march end to early May and believe me it is taxing... very taxing. I was bent on getting my account reinstated moreso, because I didnt really digest the word " fake details" used by Ebay and I am yet to get an written apology from them - altho the executives have verbally apologised.

I feel great sharing this with you guys, because personally I did want to look out for a place to mention this. Only if the ebay team puts in their mind to this and thinks over, I think this will be a great place to work in.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

ga.jewels
Community Member
I also faced the similar problem for kyc few months back. I also got fed up with ebay when they took around 2 MONTHS to complete my KYC. I also wrote the same 2 page long email to ebay managers. I thought they might change after reading my such long email but i feel sorry about you that they are still the same. Ebay has outsourced the KYC work to some other agency. I wonder after getting so many complaints, why ebay is still stuck to that same outside agency. Same is the case with useless phone helpline.

Thanks
Gaurav Aggrawal
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

ga.jewels
Community Member
I also faced the similar problem for kyc few months back. I also got fed up with ebay when they took around 2 MONTHS to complete my KYC. I also wrote the same 2 page long email to ebay managers. I thought they might change after reading my such long email but i feel sorry about you that they are still the same. Ebay has outsourced the KYC work to some other agency. I wonder after getting so many complaints, why ebay is still stuck to that same outside agency. Same is the case with useless phone helpline.

Thanks
Gaurav Aggrawal
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

indiantunics
Community Member
after reading all these comments...
i feel ebay will loose their precious sellers who pay them huge fees...
this is disgusting behavior from ebay ...
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

indiantunics
Community Member
after reading all this .. ebay and the staff who dont follow up... should be ashamed ...
i wish someone could sue them for mental trauma and loss of business.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Hello PaisaPay,
Why dont you accept PayPal verified members as they are and tag their PayPal a/c with PaisaPay? You just send their money to their PayPal email Id.That should be as simple as that.
Why dont you accept good suggestions?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hi,

Even I am facing the same issue since almost a month. No feedback from them even after submitting all the doccuments.

I have submitted PAN card, Passport, Aadhar Card, Bank Statements, Bank Suthorised Letter, CST certficate, Service Tax Certificate,

and all the others.

Still KYC is pending and I have not been paid a single penny since I started selling a month ago.

What should I do??????

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Please helpe me frinde
Message 10 of 14
latest reply