cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ebay need to educate buyers about feedback system

sansoy21
Community Member
Hi,

This is regarding ebay feedback system. I feel that ebay need to educate buyers about feedback sytem. Because almost all sellers struggle with feedback system. Main problem is most of the buyers leave feedback simply with no reasons.

We have done some analysis with fastest transactions that we have done. Fastest transactions means the orders that were delivered in 2 days after order. Like we used to ask them like how much feedback left and their satisfaction levels and improvements that we can have. This we have done mainly on phone.

Many of them have not left 5 star feedbacks. They have not informed any issue also. They are satisfied with the transaction. But they are not interested to leave feedback system. Also many people told that it is their interest to give the scores.

But as per ebay standards sellers has to maintain minimum of 4.5. So my question is how sellers will maintain 4.5 even if they had very good service. Is ebay really validating the feedback scores given. Is it doing any survey like we did and validating customers knowledge about feedback system.

I feel that ebay has to educate about feedback system to the buyers and the problems that sellers get without feedback system. Also it has to validate the feedbacks given. Also sellers has to have an appeal system where seller can challenge buyer feedback like negative feedback and neutral feedbacks.

Otherwise ebay has to drop restrictions over feedback ratings.

What other sellers feel. Just express here.

Regards,
Ramesh
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Dear Ramesh,

You are right. I think whenever buyer places order he automatically redirected to item confirmation & feedback system presentation so that he will come to know what will be his next steps after getting product.

Thanks
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

sansoy21
Community Member
Hmm.

It is not just about informing buyers to leave feedback. It is also about how the feedback system works from end to end.

But i am not sure ebay does that. They focuses only on high volume of sales and advertising about easiness of ECommerce etc.

I will support that sellers need to maintain good ratings. But it does not mean that sellers who are not having good ratings are not good sellers. They can be victims of unknowledged buyers.

I feel that instead of restricing on selling. They have to be rank lower on website so that his visibility will be lower. Sellers will automatically work on their inefficient areas and improve to go higher.

Regards,
Ramesh
Message 3 of 3
latest reply