cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ebay Facing Tough Times due to Stupid Decisions: Reduces 10% Workforce

sachin_thapar
Community Member
Friends,

It has started to happen. Ebay thought that they could make any rules and live with it but now they have started to feel the pressure which the market is playing on it. They are now reducing 10% global staff. Read details on this link.

http://ebayinkblog.com/2008/10/06/ebay-reduces-workforce-by-10/

I am worried about the times to come in Ebay India. We sellers leave our jobs to sell on ebay india. After years of selling what if ebay is not there anymore. We all will be doomed. Its better to spread your business as much as you can so as to minimize the risk which ebay creates for itself and its sellers with some strange policies.

I hope they releasize their mistake now. They couldnt even listed to what community was saying regarding feedback changes and even if they did they took too long and the damage was done.

My prayers with Ebay India Staff and hope they are not a part of this 10%. I pity them for they understand indian markets and do change sometimes but are more or less bound by Ebay US.

Thanks,
Sachin
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

cosycom
Community Member
Hi Sachin, Let us all not loose hope .eBay is not the only company facing these difficult times .
I believe these are temporary market trends . I am sure economy will stabilize again very soon .

Of cource you are right we should continue looking for new options to survive such difficult times .

Cheer up and enjoy the festival time.

Narinder:-)
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi,
This is as I predicted.
Once you sack an employee,the productivity of others are reduced.Also once a good hand is gone,it is gone for ever.
The market follows its own rule.It does not forgive wrong decision.
Another prediction: get ready for more smaller aftershocks.
I dont know what to say.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

runalaila_in1
Community Member
Hi ...
Can't anybody see the simultaneous announcement ?
about taking over a company thereby strengthening further an allready superstrong company : paypal

Cost saving measures on one hand but not failing to add a feather in their cap on other hand !
This may not be as bad a descision as all think

B O D Y - - J E W E L S!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply