E bay did not keep promise of Free gifts

dattaganesh
Community Member
Just now ordered for a Laptop in Ebay. I saw a promotion that "Celebrate Festival season with free gifts". As per the promotion which is valid till 31st Oct , I am supposed to enter coupon code after checkout. There was no text box to enter any coupon code. When I Called customer support , they say I should have called them before making payment. I feel this is not keeping the promise of what E bay published on their main web site.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

dattaganesh
Community Member
Just to add below is the T& C

"The Promotion "Dussera Promotion" is valid for any successful PaisaPay purchase, in any category during promotion period "

Please let me know the process to manually claim for the Free Gift.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

dattaganesh
Community Member
My PaisaPay ID 3239154780​4 is approved. Hope Ebay contacts me asking for the Dussera coupon code as Tomorrow is last day for this offer.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

sharad*sharma
Community Member
I am supposed to enter coupon code after checkout. There was no text box to enter any coupon code. When I Called customer support , they say I should have called them before making payment. I feel this is not keeping the promise of what E bay published on their main web site.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

bhaskaranand181829
Community Member
i purchased nikon cool pix l819 camera on 31 oct 12

PaisaPay ID 32399298906

when check out i didn't found any coupon code entry

i thought e bay will generate auto after delivery of item

i hope e bay will not disappoint us

thank you
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

krishna.chaitanyam
Community Member
hi,
same here, despite posting this 1 week back,they have conviniently not responded to this

i bought a phone and now coz i didnt log in while buying or entered the coupon code, i am not going to get a gift despite spending 37k on their site. this is clear fraud.

clearly ebay doesnt want lot of us to redeem the gifts. You can get a gift only if you log in as a registered users and have entered the gift code even when the promo says every one will get a gift and all this is there in T&C while the process on the promo page doesnt even mention this.

It doesnt even warn us to either login before buying or enter the code on check out, they are hoping lots of us dont enter the code so that they can then save on the gifts cost.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

anupnair_anna
Community Member
Hi Friends,

Ganesh Chaturti and all other Promotions are fraud promises made by Ebay.in

I have entered the coupon and after the promotion date when I tried to claim my free gift they informed me that this scheme is already over and no gift was distributed.

I have stopped buying products with ebay as they breached my trust.

You can start using other sites like flipkart or homeshop18.com rather than dealing with cheaters.

--
Anup Nair
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

dattaganesh
Community Member
So Its not just me who has encountered this missing text box for entering coupon code problem..Surprising to know that big names in online stores can do these kind of things.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply