Diwali Dhamaka Redemption Link Not Working

ritumund
Community Member
Hello !

My ebay id is ritumund

I have purchased certain items within the ambits of Diwali Dhamaka scheme/offer. Now when I am trying to redeem my gift, I am continuously getting an error message.

I have written to ebay on 29.11.2012 and 01.12.2012 and today also in the email address inappeals@ebay.in (given to me by customer support executive at toll free number)but haven't heard from ebay. The date for redemption of the gift is going to be over but the fault lies at ebay's end and ebay's system is not working fine. Moreover ebay is not replying to my email. So I should not be put to fault and should not be made to suffer.

Please look into the matter and resolve it accordingly.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

ritumund
Community Member
no reply from ebay as yet. i am getting doubtful now if i will get any reply or not.
please look into the matter and inform me accordingly
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

sudhakargajjala
Community Member
Even I could not claim the gift. The link is now not shown in ebay.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

jaypawaskar
Community Member
I have been following up since November 26, 2012 and am completely frustrated at ebay's behaviour in this matter. The chat and phone agents ask us to send email to inappeals@ebay.in yet no one responds to emails sent to the said address.

The customer support website had this message that customers should try after 6 pm today. This message was on their website for one whole week and now it is not there.

The customer care does not provide any escalation matrix nor any facility to take our case to their superiors. They only keep assuring that the problem will be resolved in 24 hours. Even today I called up customer care and the phone disconnected so I had a chat with Manisha C, chat agent on ebay. Again I am told that my problem is escalated and will be resolved in 24 hours, this is the same answer ebay has been giving me since November 26, 2012, and I have lost count of the number of 24 hours that have elapsed since I first contacted customer care.

My take on this is as follows:

1. As a customer, I followed ebay's process of buying and applying the diwali dhamaka code, then why do I need to go through all these issues?
2. Why cant customer care provide the escalation matrix? What is so secretive about it?
3. Whatever technica issue there is, is from ebay's side. As a customer, why should I have to go through the trouble and inconvenience of first buying, then reporting issues, then following up, and yet bear the complacent behaviour of ebay of not even responding to my emails?
4. Ebay's email policy states that response will be received in maximum 72 hours, yet I have had no response for over a week now.

I am going to now lodge a complaint in the national consumer forum. Their web url is http://Core.nic.in

I think ebay has taken customers for granted for too long. It is time they learnt that they are thriving and flourishing because of customes and that they cannot take customers for granted anymore.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply