Creat a category for gemstones rough

kashmirsapphire
Community Member
i wanted to draw attention to creat a diff and exclusive ategory to list gemstones rough on e bay.india has a lot of non metalic minerals which can be sold here on e bay.india's gemstones exports are huge.a lot of people around the world would definiately like to buy gemstones rough thru e bay india.
gemsstone rough can not be merged in gems and jewellery category. today in delhi book fair i interacted with Mr. Mahendra j asar who is associate category manager with e bay and he asked me to post my guidelines in community section.
i hope team e bay will see some profitable business by creating a category for gemstones rough,so that people like me start selling their collection of gemstone rough on e bay.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

shgupta@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear kashmirsapphire,

Thanks for your suggestion about Gemstone rough, we have been studying, if a simmilar demand exist from other sellers too which does not like as of now.

I would request other sellers to put their views here and request you to let us know more about this and what exactly do you thing that needs to be done. And then we can look at this category. I would also like you to see the Loose Gemstones category? Does that not meet you requirement?

Do share more views on this.

Regards,

Lifestyle team
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

kashmirsapphire
Community Member
loose gemstones are facet cut gem stones which are ready to be studded in a ring or some other jewellery.but gemstone rough is raw gems which are mined directly from earth and they need facet grade cutting to make a final gemstone.
i deal in gemstone rough so i wanted to get a special category created foir gemstones rough.
i hope u will consider my request.
u can search e bay world wide to see how people r selling gemstone rough and how much they remain in demand.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
I think this is a good suggestion and ebay can include a sub-category of Rough Gems in existing Jewelry & Watches category or a completely new Gems category. The sub-category can include the same divisions as Loose Gemstones sub-category.
Swarup
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 4 of 4
latest reply