Complaint against Ebay's Customer Service

hasrajaniharish
Community Member
I am struggling to process my refund via Ebay, I had purchase one time for which I received damaged item and had returned back to the seller and had a word with seller he said that they are ready to refund the amount but through ebay and I need to open a case. I had opened a case in EBAY case reference number is 57001, post which I have called thrice to the customer service toll free but everytime I receive a same answer that I will receive a call from EBAY in next 48 hrs and the refund will be processed, I am highly dissatisfied with the EBAY customer service and same was not expected by EBAY that such a big company and the processes are so weak that it takes 12 days to process the refund.

This means when I purchase from ebay i have to be prepared and take out time to fight with ebay, today also I have purchased one more item and I think I have done a mistake by relying on ebay processes, it seems like that.

Regards,
Harish Hasrajani
Message 1 of 233
latest reply
232 REPLIES 232

I am also a seller on ebay. And i have been selling since the past 5 months. But i am really very disappointed with the way the CSR's of ebay team handle the case. They will give a timeline of 48 hrs but every time they will fail to resolve any matter within the time line. What's the use of giving any such timeline's then? In place of mentioning the time line,they should rather just mention that "Your matter will be resolved whenever we want to". In case of "RTO",the sller is the one who loses money because he has already paid the shipping charges. But any buyer in here can come and file any claim at any time and what we get is "Timeline for the case to be resolved". When such buyer leave negative feedbacks,then what ebay's "Trust and Safety" team will do is,they will give you an advice to file a claim against the buyer with all those details for the "RTO" . And mail them at inrswebhelp@ebay.com But believe me,you can't rely on them. In fact i have never had any such experience by which i can say that they will resolve the issue.
So consecutively the things are getting a bit tougher for me here now. And if these things don't change in here, then i will have to think about my decision of selling in here.
Message 81 of 233
latest reply

ramachandrashetty
Community Member
My first experience with ebay has been my worst one. Earlier I had purchased a few items on flipkart. Never had any problem. This time while searching for weighing scales I found that it costed lesser (Rs. 1460/-)on ebay (just by about Rs. 150/-)So I decided to buy here. After receiving the item I realised why it was cheaper. It was of the same brand but made in China. And it lived up to its reputation. It was faulty! It was showing double the weight. While the seller was willing to replace the item, ebay washed off its hands. They were too eager to close the claim and did not help me in getting the replacement. They closed the claim without my consent before resolving the problem (spoke quite rudely too). Now I have to spend extra Rs. 600/- for a product valued at Rs. 1460/- to return the item if I have get replacement.
Message 82 of 233
latest reply

ankit.agarwal.511
Community Member
Hello Buyers,
Ebay is having policy that with in 30 days u filled the complaint than only they can take action else you the culprit. So its my request to all buyers please use your prodct as much as in this 30 days else you dont know wat has to happen. i bought kingston 32gb micro sd card. i thought its branded, but once i start using its not working, n now ebay said its more than 30 days so we can't help it. i just need to know kingston provided 2-3 years warrants wat about that . is anyone here to help me. i m feeling cheated here.
Message 83 of 233
latest reply

126madhuri
Community Member
i had purchased an item before one and half. But dealer was not able to deliver item. So,ebay promised me to refund my money back. But from last one and half month to till date i don't get my money back.

Which kind of bad system they are following?
Message 84 of 233
latest reply

jagbiramar
Community Member
Item purchased by me has been dispatched to me through Blue Dart Courier. It has reached Coonoor but they refuse to deliver it at my residence which falls in Pin Code 643102. I am barely 3.5 kms from their office and well within municipal limits. Several other couriers come regularly to my residence. This is highhandedness.
I wonder why you deal with such shoddy couriers service provider. At this rate, I may have to stop buying from eBay.
I have told Blue Dart agent here that if he does not deliver the item, he should send it back to the sender.

Jagbir Singh
Message 85 of 233
latest reply

zkstuns
Community Member
Ebay.in guarantee claim ID: 204358

A fraud Ebay seller sent me a fake phone as against the listed Apple iPhone 4S.

Ebay claim adjuster took as many as 22 days to call me, that too after 2 reminders.

Thereafter, he asked me to send the item back to the seller. And gave me 72 hrs. to submit the return tracking no. and the scan of the return shipping label to get my refund.

Within 24 hrs. I provided both these to ebay claims department and called to confirm that they indeed got it. They said Yes.

It's been 13 days now since the item was delivered back to the seller and my refund has not yet been processed by the adjuster.

To much of my shock, after getting the item delivered back to the seller, this adjuster asked the seller to send him a letter saying that the item is a genuine Apple iPhone 4S.

What ?

If this was needed, why didn't the adjuster do this before asking me to ship it back ??

On top of that, the deadline for the seller to provide such a lame proof is now 8 days overdue and my refund has still not been processed.

I've been calling ebay everyday since last week and the only answer I get is that the claim adjuster is waiting for the proof from seller.

Both this fraud seller and this ebay claim adjuster have taken me for a ride. I never expected such un-professionalism by ebay, India, especially when I have 189 all 100% positive buying feedbacks and the seller related to this case as 9 negative feedbacks out of 35 already and has 4 cases running against him (I'm in touch with other ebay buyers who have been frauded by this seller and hence, we know there are at least 4 cases running against him.

I'm not sure why is ebay favoring such fraud sellers. I smell something fishy here.

Thinking of lodging a FIR against the seller and a consumer court compalaint against Ebay, India.

Sorry Ebay !! It's only you who force genuine buyers to go ahead with such stern actions against you and your fraud sellers.

Indians, beware of Ebay, India. Me personally, will never ever think of using Ebay, India in my life again !!
Message 86 of 233
latest reply

satishmur
Community Member
I have ordered HTC HD7 for Rs.1199 dated 05th June 2013. The seller called me and saying that it was wrongly priced. I don't know all these things. But I want my product to be ordered. That's it. That's not my issue
Message 87 of 233
latest reply

vbalach1
Community Member
i will order the home theater with coupon code.then which amount print the bill, original price or offer price.
Message 88 of 233
latest reply

E-bay easy purchasing site and new brand and new stock available and discount available.our delivery fast.hi check my site and purchasing product.http://www.kidpid.com
Message 89 of 233
latest reply

jaindeepak
Community Member
Ebay is now not replying to my mails.
I had asked them and seller to process my refund, but ebay declined saying that you must ask seller to send a mail from its registered email address.
Ebay closed the discussion saying you can contact seller for more details and provided the seller's email address, which was same from which seller had already sent the mail to Ebay to process the refunds to me.
Message 90 of 233
latest reply